Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree28Likes
  • 26 Post By chainsaw
  • 1 Post By Friwi
  • 1 Post By 7mmsaum

Thread: Good bugas - Vortex & Relaoders

Good bugas - Vortex & Relaoders

A shout out for some GOOD after market service.
    About 18 mo ago I bought a 2nd hand Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 scope. I had a couple of other Vortex's (4-16x44 or 50) and had been very happy with them but the 2.5-10x44 was noticeably inferior in optical clarity (all scopes at 10x). At the recent Sika show I mentioned this to the guys on the Vortex stand. The Aussie distributor (Tim) said - just send it back and we'll fix it or replace it. I explained that I'd bought 2nd hand - he said "no matter" we don't want poor quality stuff out there so we'll take it back. I talked to Reloaders Supplies as my closest gun shop who deal with Vortex and they agreed to assist in getting the scope back to Vortex in Aussie. Ten days later Reloaders calls me to let me know a replacement, brand new scope has arrived. I picked it up today - optical clarity is superb.

So big thanks and "ups" both to Vortex for standing by their product and to Scott and the guys at Reloaders for making it happen.
    Top service.
    puku, outdoorlad, Kscott and 23 others like this.

That's a good service one of the reasons I have three Vortex scopes, at least if something goes wrong there is good backup.

After picking one up a month or two ago, and liking the quality and reports of good service, I'll most likely be buying more.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I have 4 of them, all Vuper PST's so far so good, Hope I don't have issues with them but it certainly seems that if I should i'm well covered, nice to know.
    Good to see Reloaders helping out...

very nice, how customer service should be. Good on Reloaders for helping out also.

That is good service , but you wonder why that scope was being released as it should not have passed the quality control in the first place.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    That is good service , but you wonder why that scope was being released as it should not have passed the quality control in the first place.
    And reading on overseas forums......it's becoming more frequent,

Vortex appear to have a real problem with quality control, dozens of them go back, but on the plus side as above they appear to have excellent after sales service. Maybe in a few years they will get the QC right and put out consistent products.

And they are not cheap scopes. Probably on par with leupold price wise. So they must make some descent margins to cover the costs of the fuckups

I'm guessing that as Vortex's market %age increases the reports of problems will become more prominent. People rave about Leupold’s great warranty – yeah seems that there are a lot of needs for it though – tilted reticles most recently for example.

I think the point is with the large numbers of Leupold sold and climbing popularity of Vortex the whole issue of bad quality reports is proportional. And lets face it most manufacturers are looking to cut corners nowadays.

And problems with not just Leupold and Vortex. Mate just had a bad experience with a Swaro Z5 – seized side focus and shifting point impact. Been back to Austria and still not 100% right.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I'm guessing that as Vortex's market %age increases the reports of problems will become more prominent. People rave about Leupold’s great warranty – yeah seems that there are a lot of needs for it though – tilted reticles most recently for example.

I think the point is with the large numbers of Leupold sold and climbing popularity of Vortex the whole issue of bad quality reports is proportional. And lets face it most manufacturers are looking to cut corners nowadays.

And problems with not just Leupold and Vortex. Mate just had a bad experience with a Swaro Z5 – seized side focus and shifting point impact. Been back to Austria and still not 100% right.
    You used the word proportional.

To keep everything in proportion EVERY model of vortex scope needs to be priced at $320, that would keep them in proportion.
    zimmer likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    You used the word proportional.

To keep everything in proportion EVERY model of vortex scope needs to be priced at $320, that would keep them in proportion.
    Ha ha yes then I might grab one.

Have a 2-7x35 rimfire which is an OK scope. Imported cheaply. Recently dropped the rifle and scope big time and scope seems to have survived.
    Looked at a 4-16 Diamondback HP recently but dug a bit deeper and went with a Bushy Elite 4500. Japan versus Philippines and personal preference.

Doubt that I will be looking at Vortex again.

And back the original posting - there are some good buggers at Reloaders - Dan and David.

And whilst Marstons had the Vortex agency back up was "lumpy".

Interesting that both Leupold and Vortex now have strong warranty service locally out of Oz now. Set up to meet the need obviously

Leupold always had that great warranty while the big European brand were limiting to 30 years. Because leupold kept that level of guarantee the others had to stand up to that standard to have a chance to compete .