Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Beavis

Thread: Got my NEA15

Got my NEA15

Looks bloody nice.

Any pics of the BCG? Shot it? Rails in spec?

Pity you can't remove the bottom rail from the forend.... good thing you can change the grip.

Rail is in spec. Didn't get the chance to shoot it today. BCG is an M16 FA, the gas key wasn't very well staked though. Have talked to Digit about it, an easy fix. The rail is easy to take off if you want to swap it out

I have been watching NEA for a while now with keen interest. Am looking forward to your range report.

Well priced for what you get I like the quad rail, but thats because I prefer vertical foregrips.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

They look good on paper. I'd like to know if the bolts are batch MPI tested or individually. Pity about the gas key staking, since they're advertised as "properly staked".

Saw a review from Canada where the rail was out of spec, castle nut wasn't staked etc, hopefully that's not on-going.

They look really good though.

Yea I saw that review too, Bearing in mind that the rifle in the review was made up of "blemished" parts, so who knows if they even went through the full testing. It is still early days yet but with their demand overseas I am sure these points have been well remedied.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

They had teething issues as most new guns have. The bolts are batch MPI/HPT tested, although some of the European rifles have to undergo CIP over pressure testing individually and none of them have failed. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, as they have been run ragged trying to get these out. RE: the gas key issue - got a reply from NEA, said that they should be well staked from the side and they had some assemblies slip through that weren't done properly. I can do it myself or send it back to Digit to get sorted.

Did the gas key staking myself. Will go up to the range after lunch if it's not raining.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 17-08-2012, 05:15 AM