Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tribrit
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: greystone supressor

greystone supressor

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge on greystone supressor, 3k model to be exact.

I'm looking at one, but of o buy one for a 270/30 cal, is it on to use on all my rifles? 6,5 prc, 300win mag and a 308 ? Or isn6m5mm too small and will it not he efficient enough for the smaller projectile?

What are the pros and cons of these suppressors?

Gday
    I may be wrong, but I was on the understanding 3k was good for upto 3006

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the pros is that Stu is a good bugger and very easy to deal with.
    Doesn't try and sell u shit you dont need, and will talk u out of a stupid idea even if he was going to make money outta doing it for you.

Good gunsmith.
    Tuckerbox and Padox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigash View Post
    Gday
    I may be wrong, but I was on the understanding 3k was good for upto 3006

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Youd have to buy one suitable fornyour biggest cal being 300win so as long as its rated for 30 call magnums itll be safe to use on the smaller but unsire how good itll be down at 6.5 beyond my knowledge

Ok, well, failing that, if I were to use it in a 6.5 grendel and a 308. It should be good right ? The 3k is good for upto 30-06. Is it worth the 600 to buy one? Or is a dpt just as good/lighter/ smaller etc

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    Ok, well, failing that, if I were to use it in a 6.5 grendel and a 308. It should be good right ? The 3k is good for upto 30-06. Is it worth the 600 to buy one? Or is a dpt just as good/lighter/ smaller etc
    You could get a 30 magnum dpt for less than that I think and that will cover all your 30cal and smaller rifles safely. Itd ring greystone or dpt to confirm though saftey first . I personally use dpt find them very good

Same I have 3x dpt already... but like the aesthetics of the greystone 3k.

They do look nice thats for sure if you can get a do it all out of that platform for sure man why not . Id just ring stu ask him some questions . I only bang suppresor on if i get the chance so lives in pack some im not fussed what it looks like. And on a old short rifle id leave it on but had a neoprene sleeve over it because it was very noisy brushing up on things . Make sure you put up a review if you go with it id be intreseted to here

Thabks mate, will do. Have emailed stu

I have a Greystone suppressor and also two A-Tec suppressors. The Greystone is older than the one you are looking at, but does the job okay. It is quite heavy at about 550g, twice the weight of my carbon fibre A-Tec and noise suppression is not as good as either A-Tec.

Unfortunately I didn’t find Stu easy to deal with and wasn’t that happy with his workmanship. He returned a brand new barrel that he had threaded with the blueing rubbed off one side of the barrel where the suppressor bush had contacted it, and the fact it had only rubbed off one side suggests to me the thread is not concentric with the barrel.

I am sure he has upped his game a bit since then - this was around 6-7 years ago, but I’ve never been back.

Thanks for all the feedback
    I have purchased a greystone 3k off guncity for 399, rrp is 600 off the greystone website. So I'm happy with that. Will use purely in the 6.5 grendel. It's also the same weight as the dot magnum but externally it's a slightly smaller size.

Thanks
    Lars

Good stuff let know how it pans out
    Larskramer likes this.