Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Flyblown
  • 1 Post By bunji

Thread: Gun Market and Production Place in Pakistan

Gun Market and Production Place in Pakistan

Gun Market and Production Place in Pakistan, This is pretty cool; handmade guns! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1Z2-ITNtc

Should be easy peasy for them to make a knock off Tikka/Sako/Remmy

THAT made me bar up before I went to bed.

I going to have some weird dreams tonight
    Last edited by Doghead; 30-12-2021 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Remarkable skills. Equally remarkable that they have yet to invent a workbench.
    Moutere and bumblefoot like this.
    Just...say...the...word

@bumblefoot back in 2012 me & a mate rode motorcycles from from New Delhi, India in to Nepal in a attempt to see how close we could get to Mt Everest. On the return trip to New Delhi we took it easy & detoured to a place called Kanpur's Gun Bazaar just under 700klms from the Nepal Border crossing ,which is much the same, bloody fascinating & l do not know if l would want to be holding on to a few of the Frankenstein guns they had on display when they went off .

Unfortunately the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (a Iranian Military backed terror group)had a campaign of bomb attacks across the country that year & as l have posted before the Trade in India & Third World Countries of the West sending 1000's of Container Ships full of "recyclable " plastic to these countries, had just collapsed & the whole country was blanketed in a thick sticky smog of huge multistoried piles of burning unusable /unwanted plastic ,from what l remember this was largely unreported in the West until years later ,there was literally rivers choked with dumped plastic on fire as we passed .

This means any exposed skin or hair on us was covered in black sticky shit from the smoke & it even invaded into our sweaty helmets causing our hair to mat up ,so we had our heads shaved at one of the road side barbers ,there are huge markets for everything along the roads & we went to a Auto wrecker/parts market & brought a 4 litre drum of hand cleaner & would scrub our whole bodies down with oit to get the black shit off. We are both big blokes, Six foot two & with shaved heads & suddenly appearing in remote places, the locals thought we were Western Military Spies, so they would get angry if we pulled out cameras & a crowd would soon form which is exactly the extra attention we did not want, as the Indian Mujahideen operated in these Border regions , but the people inside the Gun Bazaar were very good & a couple had been schooled in the UK, at top schools. I still have a business card from memory from the National Gun House ,with a cricket loving ,UK schooled guys details written on it for if we went back .

It was a real Wild West vibe with gunshots going off as the sales people demonstrated the guns to customers off the front Verandahs & gun tests out the back ,the shops had these little skinny pits with a hose sprayed on sacks of wet river clay as test firing points .We could not stay long due to the unwanted attention & we wanted to make sure we spent the night with a bit of distance from the attention we got there. But l would definitely go back again ,we have also done motorbike expeditions in Laos where they have markets for their home made hunting guns & the Philippines where they have anything you want ,all made by hand in little Bamboo sheds using Tank engine blocks as anvils .
    bumblefoot likes this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Remarkable skills. Equally remarkable that they have yet to invent a workbench.
    That would mean having to stand up and then there is the new problem of dropping shit on their feet, at least sitting on the floor they get the job done, not like us who stand up and wander off to see what everyone else is up too.