Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hermitage

Thread: Hakko Golden Hawk scope info

Hakko Golden Hawk scope info

Hi
    I have found an older looking Hakko Golden Hawk MarkIII electro point scope in the cupboard. Google doesn't come up with much info on them but it looks like a nice solid well built scope. Does anyone have knowledge they could share on these scopes?

Name:  IMG_20220314_111429.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  2.56 MB

I have the same model Electro-Point Mark VIII but under the name of 'Bisley Deluxe'. It's the 4x40 Wide Angle scope.
    Hakko mainly manufactured for other scope companies as an OEM, which is why the same model is under two different names.
    They were a well-known Japanese scope manufacturer for about 40 years before closing in 2005. Basically, all the workers went to Japan Optics.

It's a premium scope (well it was when I bought it in the late 1980s). Great glass on them as they have the same glass as the older Canon camera lenses. Also, had fluorite coatings to reduce chromatic aberrations... again once only used on high-end camera lenses. Solid too, you can just feel it's a premium scope (although a bit heavy for my liking).

Mine used to take the 1.4v MR-52 mercury battery, but when mercury batteries where banned you now have to use alkaline PX640 or AG 640. If I was to guess a value I'd probably list it for $80 and see if there is any interest.
    Addo007 and 55six like this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.