Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hardys Carbon fiber Bipod - Any thoughts?

Hardys Carbon fiber Bipod - Any thoughts?

Hey all, I have been looking into getting a HArdys carbon fiber bipod to go on my DPT long range chassis, Can anyone recommend this bipod ?
    Also, the long range chassis has a flat bottom with a sling stud and most sling mounted bipods have a curved base, The Chassis also has what look like bolt holes for a weaver rail ? est. 40mm bolt spacing.

Does anyone know anything about these? Dpt werent.... very helpful at all, and I feel like they were rude and pushed my quesions away as quickly as they could.

I dont think ill be dealing with them again

To be fair why bother with a lightweight carbon bipod for a chassis based rig, chassis rifles are never gonna be light weight compared to a carbon fiber stocked rifle, just get a good solid atlas or similar.
    You don't need carbon fiber on a heavier chassis rifle unless it's just for wank value.
    My 2 cents
    199p, ebf and Mr Browning like this.

fair enough - I like the fact that they are simple = Less shit poking out to get caught on more shit.

but yeah.. anyway.. opinions on the harris pods would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    To be fair why bother with a lightweight carbon bipod for a chassis based rig, chassis rifles are never gonna be light weight compared to a carbon fiber stocked rifle, just get a good solid atlas or similar.
    You don't need carbon fiber on a heavier chassis rifle unless it's just for wank value.
    My 2 cents
    Although if it is reasonably lightweight it will still be a good crossover for the hunting rifle. Being Hardy it will be over-engineered, expensive but will likely work very well.
    Larskramer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    Hey all, I have been looking into getting a HArdys carbon fiber bipod to go on my DPT long range chassis, Can anyone recommend this bipod ?
    Also, the long range chassis has a flat bottom with a sling stud and most sling mounted bipods have a curved base, The Chassis also has what look like bolt holes for a weaver rail ? est. 40mm bolt spacing.

Does anyone know anything about these? Dpt werent.... very helpful at all, and I feel like they were rude and pushed my quesions away as quickly as they could.

I dont think ill be dealing with them again
    Don't know anything about the Hardy bipod.
    But I've dealt with @DPT a lot and only ever had the best in service. Those slots on the bottom of the chassis fore end from memory take M-LOC attachments that way you can put flat bottom pic rails, sling studs etc on your chassis as required. just google M-LOC adaptors

but yeah.. anyway.. opinions on the harris pods would be good.
    I really like Harris bipods, they are pretty lightweight, simple to set up and are quick and easy to remove.
    That being said, if you are going for a chassis and have a rail to mount a bipod to I'd look at a a rail mounted bipod, you can get an adapter for the Harris or something like the Atlas may suit you better.

Quote Originally Posted by spada View Post
    Don't know anything about the Hardy bipod.
    But I've dealt with @DPT a lot and only ever had the best in service. Those slots on the bottom of the chassis fore end from memory take M-LOC attachments that way you can put flat bottom pic rails, sling studs etc on your chassis as required. just google M-LOC adaptors
    great thanks spada, Its saying somthing when you get more info about an item from someone who doesnt work at the place who makes and supplys it!

Do you know if the "plates" on the sides of the barrel take these m-loc adaptors also? Theres plates that are there... for im guessing asthetics but maybe they have a purpose....

For a chassis rig, just go with a tried and tested Harris with a set of spikes. Bulletproof and reasonably priced.

Yep the covers on the side make it look pretty until you need to take one off to install a rail for a torch or whatever
    Larskramer likes this.

Slots on the underside of my Tikka/DPT Hunter chassis follow the MDT spacing, that is, 40mm spaced holes (m4?) with slots in between that I believe are m-lok compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    For a chassis rig, just go with a tried and tested Harris with a set of spikes. Bulletproof and reasonably priced.

have said earlier... I cant... as the harris bipod has a curved base and the dpt chassis has a flat base.

DPT
    great thanks spada, Its saying somthing when you get more info about an item from someone who doesnt work at the place who makes and supplys it!

Do you know if the "plates" on the sides of the barrel take these m-loc adaptors also? Theres plates that are there... for im guessing asthetics but maybe they have a purpose....
    Im sorry that our communication did not provide all the information that you were looking for.
    I can confirm that m-loc adapters do not fit our chassis and yes we can supply a picatinny rail that will fit to the bottom of the fore-end of our chassis. The plastic side plates are for aesthetics, you cant attach anything to them.

If you have any further questions feel free to email us directly.

Darren
    sneeze, Tahr, Mathias and 3 others like this.

Those "carbon" bipods by hardy aren't even lightweight anyhow they're just an atlas knockoff with a bit of carbon tube on each leg
    Stocky and dannyb like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Those "carbon" bipods by hardy aren't even lightweight anyhow they're just an atlas knockoff with a bit of carbon tube on each leg
    Are you saing they arent carbon fiber at all? Is that what your " are indicating?