Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: harris bipolds

harris bipolds

I was lucky enough to get one off here for my son a little while ago and works well for him and i also have a older friction lock model as well,
    but considering buying another swivel model at the moment.
    All the comments i read say go notched leg but i have never had a issue with my friction lock.
    All my shooting at the moment will be of a bi pod for a little while.
    I have had a look at the notched leg and seem to be a bit rattly in the legs compared with the out friction lock.

Whats so great about notched leg?

MB
    Notched legs lock up solid in position. I haven't used a friction lock model, so can't compare.

I've got both and I tend to use the friction lock model very little compared to the models with notched legs. The notches makes life so much easier.

On long range shoots where I've got a lot of time available the friction model works great, but when time is little I always opt for the models with the notched legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Goosen View Post
    I've got both and I tend to use the friction lock model very little compared to the models with notched legs. The notches makes life so much easier.

On long range shoots where I've got a lot of time available the friction model works great, but when time is little I always opt for the models with the notched legs.
    I pull them to bits, take both springs out and then turn the legs around so that the knobs face inwards. Makes it a way quicker process and lightens them up heaps.