Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Danger Mouse
  • 2 Post By PestNightshooter

Thread: Has anyone own senopex thermal scope

Has anyone own senopex thermal scope

I've noticed comments about Senopex with this huge lens 75mm, and the image quality in this video appears to be fantastic.
    I've never heard of this brand before; has anyone tried it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCS89eLz9I0&t=53s

Our NV business looked into these last year. They will be a hard sell without integrated rangefinder in their price range.

Quote Originally Posted by 55six View Post
    Our NV business looked into these last year. They will be a hard sell without integrated rangefinder in their price range.
    The information you guys put out as well as demonstration of features and performance is awesome!
    199p and 55six like this.

These are a special purpose scope. Big and bulky. High base optical mag (7x from memory) which is what pushs it to special purpose, small targets at longer ranges i.e Rabbits ect to 250yrds plus Fox/wallaby to 300yrds plus. The reports from the UK talk about them being the absolute winner in image clarity/quality and only from a 300 range sensor (75mm objective lens) at that.
    A higher base mag 600+ sensor scope that is available in the UK with a 50mm lens and 5x base mag gets close in performance and is far more compact but would owe you approx $11,000 here and still no built in range finder with it either.
    The market providers are all thinking "big game/hog hunting" with time their may be more options hopefully to suit smaller game at long ranges. (Fox hunters/ Coyote hunters/ Pest control contractors world wide must add up to reasonable size market.
    I agree that not having a built in range finder is a problem in a Long range scope.
    Having said that running something like the RL350 conotech on your .22 and having a Senopex A7 on the .223 would make a great combo for a contractor that is carrying both, most longer range targets could be ranged with the RL350 first. My longest hit so far has been a hare at 357yrds using a Infiray RL42 on 8x (digital mag) in perfect thermal conditions and was really pushing it image quality wise, not a every night possibility normaly limited to approx 220yrds We need something like a RL650 with a higher (at least 5x) please.

Our Conotech 650RLs walked out the door on arrival. Currently waiting on a new shipment.
    We asked Senopex to get going on adding range finding and ballistics so that they can compete here in NZ.

[QUOTE=55six;1286665]Our Conotech 650RLs walked out the door on arrival. Currently waiting on a new shipment.
    We asked Senopex to get going on adding range finding and ballistics so that they can compete here in NZ.[/QUOTE

If the RL350 performance is anything to go by it is no wonder the RL650 have flown out the door.
    Shooting rabbits to 200yrds not a problem on any night with the RL350 and I would consider it to be the go to scope value for money for pest control on a .22 and for that matter even a .223 for the following reason. The problem with almost all brands 600+ sensor models is the base mag is too low in my opinion for small target/ long range. Too get up to 6x on most 600+ sensor scopes you need to be up 2x digital, the likes of the RL350 you are only up 1x digital to get 5.6 mag so often the cheaper higher base mag 300+ sensor scopes give as good or in some brands I have experience with even better image quality than their more expensive bigger brothers. A 600+ sensor and 5x/6x base mag on a .223 would be awesome for pest control at long range.
    It scares me to think how big the Senopex will be with a LRF unit built into it as well!
    Great work by conotech to mount the LRF on top, a much better option for aesthetics/ real world use and a lateral laser splash is far better for ranging game in the field.
    Please ask conotech about a higher base mag RL650 option ever being an option?
    Trout and 55six like this.