Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Help me fix my Tikka!!

Help me fix my Tikka!!

So I was thinking of purchasing a Tikka T3 in either a .243 and .270 but I thought I might as well get some modifications done it to it. Just wanting to pick your brains as there's plenty of knowledge floating around this forum.

My ideas where first of all get rid of the plastic fantastic stock and replace it with something like a Stug stock, then maybe a true filte tube chambered in 6.5x55 wouldn't hurt either. Next would be work on the action so I was thinking maybe replace the action with one of those ones from HRE and then it'd be like a New Zealand tikka aye.

Is that plan solid or what? Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers
    Steveh054 likes this.

You gotta change the trigger too man, maybe carve it out of a worn out Mercator blade, aye.
    Toby and BRADS like this.

One of these like Gibo has would make it stand out in the hut, maybe Dan could get your action painted pink for your girl gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toby, kiwi39, Scouser and 1 others like this.

Again really?
    Danny likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Just get a tikka and leave it alone,they shoot just fine out of the box. Never mind the 270.
    kiwi39, Boulderman and heinnz like this.

Great ideas chaps! Wanna try keep it kiwi so maybe a stug stock dipped by fluid coatings or something?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    So I was thinking of purchasing a Tikka T3 in either a .243 and .270 but I thought I might as well get some modifications done it to it. Just wanting to pick your brains as there's plenty of knowledge floating around this forum.

My ideas where first of all get rid of the plastic fantastic stock and replace it with something like a Stug stock, then maybe a true filte tube chambered in 6.5x55 wouldn't hurt either. Next would be work on the action so I was thinking maybe replace the action with one of those ones from HRE and then it'd be like a New Zealand tikka aye.

Is that plan solid or what? Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers
    Toby that is probably the dumbest plan ever.
    The Tikkas typically shoot OK. I don't know how Trueflight are going with barrels now but that sounds like an exercise in flushing money down the toilet. You do know Tikka do a 6.5x55 factory?
    The stock is OK. I'd just shoot it and see how you like it. The triggers are good.
    Your plan just rebuilt the entire gun for ⅝ths of fuck all progress. Save your money for a decent scope.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Or are you taking the piss
    andyanimal31, Toby, BRADS and 5 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Toby that is probably the dumbest plan ever.
    The Tikkas typically shoot OK. I don't know how Trueflight are going with barrels now but that sounds like an exercise in flushing money down the toilet. You do know Tikka do a 6.5x55 factory?
    The stock is OK. I'd just shoot it and see how you like it. The triggers are good.
    Your plan just rebuilt the entire gun for ⅝ths of fuck all progress. Save your money for a decent scope.
    I think his plan was to start another tikkas a shit thread for some reason
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

get a tikka t3 in 260rem (6.5-08) (better than 6.5x55) and don't touch it they work and shoot just fine out the box spend the extra money on good optics

don't lose the bolt though mags are not soo much of a biggie although you shouldn't lose ether in the bush carry it closed with an empty chamber and a full mag that ways its safe as but quick to load a round if need be and guess what the fuckin bolt cant fall out if you knock the release
    Phill243 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I think his plan was to start another tikkas a shit thread for some reason
    My plan was to try bring some life back to an otherwise dead forum and maybe poke @Gibo with a stick actually
    veitnamcam, BRADS, Gerbs and 2 others like this.

If you buy a 270 you will not be allowed to bag that caliber anymore, like the others said just buy it and leave it alone just shoot the bloody thing.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

You think about me too much mate. Im starting to feel incomfortable. Go find a girl
    Last edited by Gibo; 06-02-2015 at 09:53 AM.

OK Toby I'll play your little game
    To fix you tikka is easy you could either
    a) trade it in on a Blouser and carry a bag of plastic washers
    b) swap it for a Remington in 300RUM
    or even better
    c) keep the bloody thing as it will most likely shoot better than you (can but buy a spare bolt just in case)
    Barefoot, Toby, Happy and 2 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.