Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan.22-250

Thread: Help wanted, syncing sig1200 rangefinder with leupold vx5 scope

Question Help wanted, syncing sig1200 rangefinder with leupold vx5 scope

Thanks for viewing

I have a tikka t3x .223 with vx5 3-15 and have been wondering how to sync it with my sig sauer 1200 bdx so I can dial it in. I use belmont 62grain ammunition.

Hoping it's pretty straight forward

Can sync with a Leupold VX5 only a Sig Sauer BDX. But you can put you ballistic info in range finder and set up so when you range it will give a MOA reference after range. And because it's Applied Ballistics it's on the money.

Right, that's what I'm after. To put the ballistic info into the rangefinder, do I use something like strelok on my phone?

Download the sig box app it's self explanatory

I have a Sig BDX rangefinder. Download the BDX app and input your ballistic info, connect rangefinder to phone using Bluetooth and you get a readout of range and ballistic solution on your phone screen
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Download sig bdx 2.0 app

Open the app, then slect custom profiles. Select new profile and put in your info. (Remember if you're putting in box velocity and BC and your zero is about 100m then what it spits out will only be a rough guess too.)

Once you've saved the custom profile make sure that the circle to the right of it has the blue bdx symbol displayed. (This is the profile that will link to the rangefinder)

From back in the main menu of the app select pairing You'll have to enter a code that appears in the rangefinder display into the app. The two (rangefinder and app) should then pair.

You can now control the rangefinder from the app by going into rangefinders page.

In the rangefinders page of the app select settings (cog symbol upper right) to control the rangefinder, change the mode to Abu. In this mode your range will be displayed followed by the elevation correction in moa, then the windage correction.

The environmental data is also input on the rangefinder page. The range and angle change/are input by the actual rangefinder. If you put the others as an educated guess as to what they'll be when and where you shoot then for midrange shots that can happen relatively quickly your ballistics will be close.

That's it. What ever custom profile and environmental data was selected when you're app and rangefinder last paired is now used. You don't need to stay connected to your app. (Could be wrong here, I'm going from memory)
    Kelton likes this.

Name:  7E29F487-0718-43C9-A956-2B37D0D0DC1B.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  137.3 KB

Good system works well and pretty impressed with the Sig rangefinder for the money mines a 1600 and it pings that range reliably and quickly and nice to look through
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.22-250 View Post
    Download sig bdx 2.0 app

Open the app, then slect custom profiles. Select new profile and put in your info. (Remember if you're putting in box velocity and BC and your zero is about 100m then what it spits out will only be a rough guess too.)

Once you've saved the custom profile make sure that the circle to the right of it has the blue bdx symbol displayed. (This is the profile that will link to the rangefinder)

From back in the main menu of the app select pairing You'll have to enter a code that appears in the rangefinder display into the app. The two (rangefinder and app) should then pair.

You can now control the rangefinder from the app by going into rangefinders page.

In the rangefinders page of the app select settings (cog symbol upper right) to control the rangefinder, change the mode to Abu. In this mode your range will be displayed followed by the elevation correction in moa, then the windage correction.

The environmental data is also input on the rangefinder page. The range and angle change/are input by the actual rangefinder. If you put the others as an educated guess as to what they'll be when and where you shoot then for midrange shots that can happen relatively quickly your ballistics will be close.

That's it. What ever custom profile and environmental data was selected when you're app and rangefinder last paired is now used. You don't need to stay connected to your app. (Could be wrong here, I'm going from memory)
    Sounds about right their bloody impressive wee units the sigs on of the fastest and easiest to get a Redding out of any Iv had