Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

HELP! Would a Hardy suppressor off a 7mm Rem Mag fit a .243?

I've got a pretty decent deal on a Dan Hardy Gen 3 suppressor that came off a 7mm rem mag, since it's a magnum caliber am I right in thinking it would go on all magnum calibers such as 270wsm and 300wsm and would also fit on calibers such as .223 and .22-250 etc? Assuming the barrel was correctly threaded?

Thanks

It will work but it wont be as efficient on the smaller calibers tho. But you will have to check on the 300wsm. If its a 7mm can the 30cal tolerances might be too tight. Will pay to wind out.

Had a 338 can on a 308 and it worked mint

But probably not so good the other way round. 7 mm on a 7.62 would not have the clearence needed for safety.

270Wsm should be good however, you will need to make sure the thread pattern is correct and that the bushing will fit the profile of your barrel.

I use my .30cal suppressor on my new .223. It helps both accuracy and noise, but doesn't reduce noise as much as I hoped as gasses are passing through too easy. My 6.5x55 is quieter than my .223, so will buy a suppressor exclusive for the .223 when funds allow. Wouldn't recommend a 'one size fits all' can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you are not going bigger it should work

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Email Dan Hardy, I'm pretty sure he told me you could go up half a mil but not a whole mil in original projectile size.