Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By csmiffy

Thread: Henry X series

Henry X series

Has anyone seen the new henry x series rifles and if so what are your thoughts?

ebf
    Pic rail section up front looks naff !

The wooden Henry rifles fit/finish is nicer than Marlin IMHO, so will be interesting to see how these compare to the Marlin Dark

The Big Boy in 357 would be a fun toy, but I would dremel off the front section of the fore-end before being seen in public with one
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Aren't the henry rifles basically made from chinesium pot metal or is that just the rimfires? gundoc knows about them
    gonetropo likes this.

the rimfire ones sure are, even the ones that look like brass, after a bit of use the "gold" wears off
    i brought a 22l/a one home. didnt even get thru the first mag before it failed

Are they bringing out a 30-30 version?

I'll probably get a 45'70 towards the end of the year, maybe a 1895SBL but I do find those Henry X series interesting.

The obvious alternative to the x series is the Marlin Dark rifles, I have been thoroughly impressed with my 30-30 Dark, it has smoothed up really nice after a bit of use. It normally has a VX-6 1-6 and a ODL Brake on it but you get the idea. The MLOK handguards that Ken from 55six bought in are the bizzo, coupled with the short 16" barrel it is nice in the hand.

I would like to get an x series in hand to compare.

Name:  20200219_161432.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  5.48 MB

Name:  20200219_161442.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  5.33 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    Are they bringing out a 30-30 version?

I'll probably get a 45'70 towards the end of the year, maybe a 1895SBL but I do find those Henry X series interesting.

The obvious alternative to the x series is the Marlin Dark rifles, I have been thoroughly impressed with my 30-30 Dark, it has smoothed up really nice after a bit of use. It normally has a VX-6 1-6 and a ODL Brake on it but you get the idea. The MLOK handguards that Ken from 55six bought in are the bizzo, coupled with the short 16" barrel it is nice in the hand.

I would like to get an x series in hand to compare.

Attachment 136409

Attachment 136410
    It's a pity that they are running of stock of those rails ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by eamars View Post
    It's a pity that they are running of stock of those rails ATM.
    Yeah they sold like hot cakes. I know he is getting more it could be a while with covid etc.