Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Hi from Mississippi, USA and a Question about Norinco JW 15 Trigger

Howdy guys! I am from the U.S. and recently acquired a Norinco JW 15. I've been reading up on everything I can find on the net, and they seem to be very popular rifles in your part of the world. I have refinished the stock on mine, and I am looking to do a little polishing on the trigger to smooth out the pull a bit, and perhaps lighten it up a little as well. My question is about the pins that hold the trigger group together and in the rifle. I actually bent a pin punch yesterday trying to get the pins out! I cannot get them to budge, even after letting them soak in penetrating oil. I sure was hoping one of you guys has some experience removing the trigger and could pass on a tip or two. Maybe I need to apply some heat? Here's a couple pics of my rifle after the refinish;

Hi, there's a guy Mike who knows heaps about these but I don't think he's on here. If you search for the the username mudgripz on nzrimfire.com or fishnhunt.co.nz you'll find him
    Put this into google... site:nzrimfire.com mudgripz
    Cheers

Have you heard of YoDave Products? He sells a trigger kit for CZ/BRNO rifles that should fit the JW-15 and has improved the trigger on my 455 by leaps and bounds. As an added bonus, it comes with a new 3/32 front trigger pin so if you end up having to drill yours out then you might as well drop $20 and get the kit eh?

possibly there is a taper on the pin and you are pushing it the wrong way?

I cant remember myself as it was that long ago I done a JW15 trigger
    I used a pen spring for the trigger weight and it worked well