Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By xyon
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: How do I remove this scope turret

How do I remove this scope turret

Hi all.
    I am needing to remove and hopefully replace my scope turrets. The scope is a Leica ER 3.5 - 14 x 42.
    having searched the net for info, I have drawn a blank, so decided to put it out here on the forum and see what comes back.

As you can see from the photo, the turret is a simple hunting turret with no peripheral screw fasteners and no visible central screw.
    I am looking to replace both elevation and windage with either Kenton generic moa or factory TT style turrets if possible??
    Does anyone have experience, ideas or even a link to a scope specific drawing/expoled view?
    Im sure it is quite simple but am reluctant to take a stab without knowing a little more than i do; especially with such delicate components.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The plate with the writing is possibly glued or stuck with double sided adhesive. There may be 1 or more screws underneath it.
    nor-west, Trout and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xyon View Post
    The plate with the writing is possibly glued or stuck with double sided adhesive. There may be 1 or more screws underneath it.
    I thought that might be the case and have tried tentatively to lift it. May just have to give it a bit more of a nudge.

I wouldn’t put an exposed turret on an ER5 even the factory fitted ones are know for being extremely mushy and I have a feeling that I’ve read somewhere that if it wasn’t factory fitted with a “target turret” you can’t just retrofit one anyhow
    Micky Duck likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I wouldn’t put an exposed turret on an ER5 even the factory fitted ones are know for being extremely mushy and I have a feeling that I’ve read somewhere that if it wasn’t factory fitted with a “target turret” you can’t just retrofit one anyhow
    I understand your comment about exposed turrets and if I do go down that path I'd possibly machine up new caps if dimensionally that can be done, utilizing the existing thread.
    Last edited by Dazzh; 10-04-2022 at 09:32 AM.

So the disc was glued on and came away with a bit of persuasion.
    Would the dialing ring be fastened to the central screw with loctite? And if so is applying heat to release it a good idea?
    Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been talking with Leica in Germany, they are able to replace the current turret with a BDC. The scope is packed up and being delivered to the NZ agent for forwarding.
    It'll be interesting to see how long it takes.

Just in case anyone is interested in how this turret works.