Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How to free firearm from international mail center?

How to free firearm from international mail center?

Hello Everyone
    I'm going to have a firearm land in Auckland next month from state. I live in Christchurch so heading to the mail center by myself is plan B and I'm trying to avoid that.

Is there any courier or gun shop offers service to pickup the firearm from mail center and ship down to Christchurch?

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    I suspect the person named on the import permit will be the only person able to uplift it once it has cleared and duty paid...
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Write them a letter to nominate a third party, as long as the 3rd party has a license will be ok, as i have done this to help others.
    The firearm can then be dropped off to one of the shopes in the firearms dealer network... and done.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....t-guide-56687/

read over this and avoid dealing with the cunts in the call center.

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....t-guide-56687/

read over this and avoid dealing with the cunts in the call center.
    Thanks for the advice! I've dealt with them back to April when my toy gun arrived at custom. It was a horriable experience. It turned out I have to ask my friend in Auckland to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    I have been in your exact position recently, and I can tell you right now the best option (and cheapest) will be to fly up to Auckland and uplift it yourself.It is possible(with some considerable effort) to get a courier company to uplift on your behalf but honestly just fly up there and get it yourself.when ordering firearms from overseas it is VERY important to have the final destination (in your case CH CH) written on the Air way bill....I found this out te hard way.If CH CH is the final destination listed on the paperwork it will come here if not it will get stuck in Auckland and will cost you a lot more $ to gte sent down here....in fact if I were you and it has not been shipped yet I would be on to the exporter to specify ChristChurch as the terminal destination on the paperwork this will save you a lot of cost and agravation for very little extra cost now.
    Fortuntely the final destination will be in CHCH. Thanks for the heads up. I will possibly arrange the pickup by my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    Write them a letter to nominate a third party, as long as the 3rd party has a license will be ok, as i have done this to help others.
    The firearm can then be dropped off to one of the shopes in the firearms dealer network... and done.
    Thanks for the heads up! I will get written instruction from custom pretty soon.