Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By res

Thread: how to make norinco m305 bit more accurate than stock?

how to make norinco m305 bit more accurate than stock?

it's one of those chinese rifle norinco m305 , want to make it bit more accurate than stock to shoot. has polish the trigger and install archangel stock, is any other small thing i can mod withour spending big bucks to improve the accuracy? also looking to get an scope for the m305, the atn xsight ( perfer do some night hunting), they come in 2 version, the 3x12 and the 5x18, which would be more clear to shoot within the 100 yard range? any adive be freat, thanks

How accurate is it currently? I assume you've tried a few different flavours of ammo to see what it likes best?

Shim the gas system so that the gas lock indexes at the 5 o'clock position and needs to be tapped to the 6 o'clock position

Knock out the roll pin fixing the op rod guide to the barrel, Get a nail punch and peen the surface of the barrel. The op rod guide should have to be tapped onto that section on the barrel when done. Replace the roll pin with a new, chunky one. The Chinese one will probably be broken.

Replace the stock op rod spring guide with a National Match type - about $40 on Brownells. I think I bought the Badger Ordnance one

You can glass bed the receiver if you can be bothered

Handload your ammo - for accuracy and safeties sake, measure your head space and set your die to bump the shoulder back 2 thou". Always full length size. Use no slower burning powder than IMR 4064. On of mine shot pretty much bang on MOA at 100yds after those mods, with Lapua brass, 43gr 2206H and a Hornady 150gr Interlock seated to mag length

Buy a quality scope mount to save yourself frustration

You will need to try a bunch of different mags - some of them will cause bad flyers on the first or last round, some will cause the rifle to shoot like shit full stop. It is to do with the way the front magazine catch, also the op rod guide, interacts with the magazine, thus effecting the harmonics of the whole rifle.

M1's can be extremely rewarding rifles to play around with - or extremely frustrating. For the latter, I would recommend just getting a .308 bolt gun, you can get Howa's real cheap sometimes, and they have an inexpensive and very good plastic DBM kit available.

I like them bone stock, with the wood stock (even the Chu wood) and a nice set of Springfield Armory Irons. They become god awful cumbersome with a scope and mount on.

res
    Everything Beavis said plus this, shim the trigger group in the stock-sure helped mine
    Bernie likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

canadiangunnutz website is full of more info than you can throw a stick at ...... I just swapped my m305 for reloading gear , as due to injured wrists etc .... I cant handle the big booms , so an ar15 is in my future .... on that website is a 30 round mag made for a enfield bolt action rifle that will work in the 305 , ... cheap as too , no itar rules from Canada either .
    cheers
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

mate where do i buy the shim from? the hard warehouse? what size they take? and i have an archangel stock fit to the m305, do i still need buy the op rod? do i need take it to gun smith to fitted? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Shim the gas system so that the gas lock indexes at the 5 o'clock position and needs to be tapped to the 6 o'clock position

Knock out the roll pin fixing the op rod guide to the barrel, Get a nail punch and peen the surface of the barrel. The op rod guide should have to be tapped onto that section on the barrel when done. Replace the roll pin with a new, chunky one. The Chinese one will probably be broken.

Replace the stock op rod spring guide with a National Match type - about $40 on Brownells. I think I bought the Badger Ordnance one

You can glass bed the receiver if you can be bothered

Handload your ammo - for accuracy and safeties sake, measure your head space and set your die to bump the shoulder back 2 thou". Always full length size. Use no slower burning powder than IMR 4064. On of mine shot pretty much bang on MOA at 100yds after those mods, with Lapua brass, 43gr 2206H and a Hornady 150gr Interlock seated to mag length

Buy a quality scope mount to save yourself frustration

You will need to try a bunch of different mags - some of them will cause bad flyers on the first or last round, some will cause the rifle to shoot like shit full stop. It is to do with the way the front magazine catch, also the op rod guide, interacts with the magazine, thus effecting the harmonics of the whole rifle.

M1's can be extremely rewarding rifles to play around with - or extremely frustrating. For the latter, I would recommend just getting a .308 bolt gun, you can get Howa's real cheap sometimes, and they have an inexpensive and very good plastic DBM kit available.
    mate where do i buy the shim from? the hard warehouse? what size they take? and i have an archangel stock fit to the m305, do i still need buy the op rod? do i need take it to gun smith to fitted? thanks

had a stock one for a bit was pretty accurate standard.. 1.5 inch groups at 100m were easy enough with the right ammo..... couldn't imagine them being too much more accurate than that??

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    M14 GAS CYLINDER SHIMS | Brownells

Can't export those. I made them out of a coke can.

Sandy said they could. It was over a year ago that I asked though, never got round to actually buying them.

True, didn't think Fulton was an exporter

res
    I got one of there front sights a while back with no problem, maybe it's another if those shifting goal post that keep happening with shipping from the states.

I like the coke can fix
    Using Tapatalk