Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hermitage

Thread: How to save $ on Leupold Warranty

How to save $ on Leupold Warranty

My Leupold VX-IIc 4-12x broke a reticle last month and I was looking for ways to get it to Leupold for repair (see this earlier thread for background info: https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....reticle-68546/

I first contacted the NZ Agents (NZ Asia), who said to drop it off at a H&F store. The postage I would have to pay would be $60 which covered:
    1 - H&F to NZ Asia
    2 - NZ Asia to NIOA (repairers for Leupold in Australia)
    3 - NIOA to NZ Asia
    4 - NZ Asia to the H&F store for me to collect from.

I then looked at shipping the scope direct to Leupold Oregon, USA but that was going to cost me $72.
    While on the phone to Leupold USA I logged an enquiry/complaint to Leupold upper management into the shipping costs that NZ Asia is charging NZ owners of Leupold scopes going into repair.

Now I want to make clear that NZ Asia seem like a very good business with very friendly staff....no complaints there.
    However, now the $60 shipping costs seem to have disappeared after my enquiry/complaint to Leupold USA.

So if you want to save money on your next Leupold scope repair, just courier your scope directly to NZ Asia in Nelson (at your cost), and they will cover all shipping costs to Australia and back and then onto your address.
    The total cost is now $12 instead of $60.
    PaulNZ likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

That was identical to mine. I got mine back last week, a vx5hd with the paint coming off on the inside. I got told by guncity there would be shopping fees, aswell as a surcharge before leupold would even check it.

I emailed the guys at the above place and sent it to them via my work for free, and they even returned it to me free of charge!!

i broke a leupold in 1/2, they gave me a new one ( this is 20 years ag0)
    sent my close combat optic to nz-asia at xmas still havent heard anything about it yet