Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By janleroux
  • 1 Post By country cuts

Thread: Howa 1500 acis mag question

Howa 1500 acis mag question

Have a howa 1500 in 308 in a mdt oryx and looking at getting a metal mag without the binder for a little extra length. Has anyone tryed it and did it work without modifying the feed ramp

It worked without modifying the feed ramp, but I had to modify the latch pin as the mag had some play which caused feeding issues. I checked with the agents and there was no option for longer latch pins so I ended up machining one. Works perfectly now.

Name:  IMG_5962.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  3.00 MB

Name:  IMG_5969.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  4.38 MB
    Waldo Peens and caberslash like this.
    What you see, is what you get!

Quote Originally Posted by janleroux View Post
    It worked without modifying the feed ramp, but I had to modify the latch pin as the mag had some play which caused feeding issues. I checked with the agents and there was no option for longer latch pins so I ended up machining one. Works perfectly now.

Attachment 188604

Attachment 188605
    Thanks for the reply that mod looks good
    janleroux likes this.

I had to take a little notch out of the feed ramp to allow the tip of the projectile to get past, but only because I was loading to very near max length with a no binder mag. The notch was probably around 1-1.5mm deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyTen View Post
    I had to take a little notch out of the feed ramp to allow the tip of the projectile to get past, but only because I was loading to very near max length with a no binder mag. The notch was probably around 1-1.5mm deep.
    What mag length do you get with that?