Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Howa Ranchland Compact

Who's got one? How does it shoot with the pencil barrel?

Is that the same as the lightweight?

My sister has one on 308. Shoots very well.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Same one yup

needs a suppressor. Barks plenty. Stock feels great but flexible as. Fine in 223.

Hi Beavis

I have 1 in 308, had it chopped to 18" and supressed with Hardy can.

Shoots 150 hornady sst's into less than an inch at 100 so all good, I only do 3 shot groups and does not seem to walk after 3 shots, maybe not the best for bombing up goats.

As a point of interest I had a rem model 7, walked after 1 shot, didnt last long in the safe.

Cheers

Dino
    "If God wanted us to be vegetarian....why did he make meat taste so good?"

I'd be looking at either .308 or 7/08. More likely 7/08, then I can just use the same load as my gas gun and load in bulk - one pool of ammo. I've always had want for one of these for no particularly great reason. It would be a bush hunting rifle 90% of the time, it would have a dialler on top so I could make full use of the round though. Maybe get the 10 shot mag kit for shits n giggles. That would get the tube hot lol. Got the AR's for goats.

can you really see yourself using it with an ar10 7mm08 sitting next to it?
    i sold my 223 cz527 after noticing that i hadnt used it since buying my ar15.
    food for thaught

The "AR10" satisfies my want for a "tactical" rifle. Its to damn heavy to carry bush for to long. I mean it's manageable, but it would be a PITA for general bush hunting.

AR15's are great for hunting, wouldn't bother with a bolty .223, big frame AR's are a different animal.

Had one in 7/08. Fairly accurate, but fuck it got hot. Over barrel didnt help. I stiffened the forend and "tuned" the trigger and it was a mint little shooter, but no good at the range as you could only get about 10 rounds off an hour in summer. I had to sell it to help fund "our" wedding/honeymoon. Thinking about another as a basher.

Yea that pencil tube would get hot faster than a P freak's pipe on pay day. The key thing is I wouldn't be testing it's cyclic rate, never fired more than 3 shots at a deer... I would prefer the standard profile if they made one in 7mm08.