Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: An Idea

Banned

An Idea

When new members come on the forum asking for help choosing a new firearm and then having there thread turn into a ten page piss fight causing there head to spin, and then after the person has gone with there original idea in page 5 there are still piss fights continuing into page ten!!!can be anoying.We could maybe have a new rifle/AR section were as many rifle and AR makes as possible have a short spec sheet on them including diff cal options and maybe a pic, then on each rifle/AR is a comment or feedback section that people can give there positive and negative feedback on for example people who own or have owned remmingtons can give feed back "not people who sat next to a guy who fired at a deer using a remmington and missed so the rifle is not worth buying!!! I have been guilty of giving this feedback before and so have a shitload of other people.
    JUst a thought.

Yeah mate I too get sick of the same thread pooping up almost weekly from a new member.

I think this is a good idea, people could even add new experiences/performance information to the said cal/rifle.

I reckon two new sections 1. Rifle manufacture 2. Calibre
    Newbies could then use this to identify good options for both without adding a new thread unless their prefered choice was not listed.
    Probaby sits well in the firearms/reloading section as new sub sections?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    When new members come on the forum asking for help choosing a new firearm and then having there thread turn into a ten page piss fight causing there head to spin, and then after the person has gone with there original idea in page 5 there are still piss fights continuing into page ten!!!can be anoying.We could maybe have a new rifle/AR section were as many rifle and AR makes as possible have a short spec sheet on them including diff cal options and maybe a pic, then on each rifle/AR is a comment or feedback section that people can give there positive and negative feedback on for example people who own or have owned remmingtons can give feed back "not people who sat next to a guy who fired at a deer using a remmington and missed so the rifle is not worth buying!!! I have been guilty of giving this feedback before and so have a shitload of other people.
    JUst a thought.
    I like your early morning posts, can be reasonably certain your not pissed
    I like the idea as well just not sure if it will work.
    People new to the game are always after advice, and the amount of knowledge people share makes this the place it is.
    Everyone always thinks there gun is best end of story.
    Maca49 likes this.

Light bulb went on early this morning NS
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

They may be newbies to this forum, but have usually thrashed the subject elsewhere...who really cares anyway if a thread goes to ten pages. If you don't like the content or subject of a thread, then just skip to the next one.
    veitnamcam, R93, kimjon and 4 others like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Something like this?...

Tika: Made in Finland, across the road from Sako. The Sako staff don't talk or mix with the Tika staff though. Its a pride thing.

Construction: Wood, plastic, stainless, blue, plastic

Action length: Long, and longer.

Uses: Tent pole. Rifle replica for movies. To show off on the internet.

Calibre: 7.08 and 7mm Rem Mag, and 7.08

Goes well with: Latte

JUst a thought.
    Bro Maybe the forum could ask Nattan Foster access to his Knowledge Base of of calibres and rifle platforms he his shit loads of knowledge and like anyone he has likers and haters. Terminal Ballistics Research this site is a good site for beginners to make up ther own minds on what calibre they wish to use.

People don't read sticky threads, will still post the same questions, that guys website is awful, it's 75% copy+pasted from wikipedia calibre descriptions and 25% articles about how bedding is the cause of all accuracy problems and hey I just happen to provide that service for a fee
    veitnamcam and R93 like this.

R93
    Yup, anyone that suggests or attempts to bed a 93 has no idea to be fair. I would go as far as suggesting, they have never seen one apart.

Good idea Neckers but I don't think it will stop the threads you are trying to mellow out.
    Most people will only realise a fair ways down the track, if they ever do enough hunting, that a reasonably accurate and standard calibre in a practical setup, is all they ever needed.

It is imo, all that needs be passed on to someone starting out.
    Last edited by R93; 27-09-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    It was an idea to not eliminate what happens but for guys to access feedback on diff rifles and AR's in there own time with out the bullshit I suppose but hey its just an idea Im not trying to stop guys from posting what they want to post.
    R93 likes this.

With all the guys plus different guns etc. on here it would be a good thing for sure. Theres a wide market firearms sample...Some kind of database that was searchable and update able would be good.
    Prob is for the data to stay pure it has to have an admin to enter the crap all in the same formats. So you submit it to an admin who purifies it by making sure
    its spelt OK and in the same format ie .308 not 0.308 etc then they enter it. It would be an interesting bit of data for sure. BUT a time consuming effort at the start.

What about a sticky poll (not for pole dancers) that is calibre for bush and firearms make only place your votes and a trend may appear pretty quickly. Folks will still ask the question. Others
    will still go f me here we go again etc though. Fuck I asked when I first came here due to inability to realise it was poss here already and do a search ..
    The answers I got though were valued and sent me on the correct research paths to make decisions.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    With all the guys plus different guns etc. on here it would be a good thing for sure. Theres a wide market firearms sample...Some kind of database that was searchable and update able would be good.
    Prob is for the data to stay pure it has to have an admin to enter the crap all in the same formats. So you submit it to an admin who purifies it by making sure
    its spelt OK and in the same format ie .308 not 0.308 etc then they enter it. It would be an interesting bit of data for sure. BUT a time consuming effort at the start.

What about a sticky poll (not for pole dancers) that is calibre for bush and firearms make only place your votes and a trend may appear pretty quickly. Folks will still ask the question. Others
    will still go f me here we go again etc though. Fuck I asked when I first came here due to inability to realise it was poss here already and do a search ..
    The answers I got though were valued and sent me on the correct research paths to make decisions.
    And after all that great advice you totally ignored it anyway...look at what you ended up buying...Just a piss take Happy...couldn't help myself
    Maca49 likes this.

It was an idea to not eliminate what happens but for guys to access feedback on diff rifles and AR's in there own time with out the bullshit I suppose but hey its just an idea Im not trying to stop guys from posting what they want to post.
    I know where you are coming from but I doubt it would get off the ground...newbies are the "bread & butter" of forums...it's the only time some get to hopefully spread their bull shit and get believed, even if only for a short time before the newbie gets totally flummoxed and ends up buying an ol'303 and quietly heads for the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    And after all that great advice you totally ignored it anyway...look at what you ended up buying...Just a piss take Happy...couldn't help myself
    YA old bastard he he he .... How your superhighway hanging in there ? See you at Sika show this weekend or milking ?
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    YA old bastard he he he .... How your superhighway hanging in there ? See you at Sika show this weekend or milking ?
    Roads good...no cows this weekend...might go to the show