Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By Tentman
  • 1 Post By Spudattack
  • 2 Post By Double Shot
  • 6 Post By Tentman
  • 2 Post By rossi.45

Thread: I'm trying not to but - 280 AI build action

I'm trying not to but - 280 AI build action

Hmmm - if you have no money and too much work what else should one do but start thinking about a new rifle build . . . .

I think its got to be a 280 AI if only to best the really good 7x64 I foolishly sold to Norwest!

So I need an action, I could possibly use my Miroku 1885 single shot low wall but they are full of little parts that can and do go wrong - and I'd have to spend a lot of money on getting it "nice" where-as my thoughts tend towards a "roughy" or as Greghud and I were discussing this arvo "a wolf in sheeps clothing".

Top of the list I think is a Brno/CZ - there must be plenty of ZKK 600 270's (and other cals) gathering dust round the place - does anyone know of a shop that has one (or a grand-dad etc)?

Thoughts??

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1295926062

Something like this? Saw a few on there that might fit the bill

You are only starting this thread to get me to return the 7x64, I said you can have it back, unfortunatly due to the rarity of the model and the condition the value has risen considerably. I'm back from Port Hedland ring tomorrow.

p.s have a chat to Brian he has some great mausers he wants to move on.

I'd love to see your low wall if you have a pic to share? Where did you find a miroku made one?

I've done a VZ-33 Project (the 257 Roberts one Carlsen Highway sold recently) and have a bunch of other Mauser's - so I think I'd like to try something different for this one.

Here are pics of the 1885, its in 22 K Hornet.

Name:  P9230004.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  707.4 KB
    Name:  P9230009.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  917.6 KB
    Pointer, nor-west, FRST and 2 others like this.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............you may be able to convince me to think about parting with my Brno ZKK600 7x64, would have to be a pretty tempting off we though.....

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Tuckerbox likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

I've got some 280AI dies if you want them.

Here's my Ruger M77 MkII, was a .270, some fine work by Hugh Bradley and it was returned as .300 Blaser Magnum.

I love the M77, Have a few I find them solid and reliable, there's a .270 on TM on your doorstep 1294815083, starting $600, it's SS, with a litlle care, Cerakote it can be a thing of beauty...well in my eyes... and shoot damn straight.

Name:  Ruger M77 MkII .300 Blaser Magnum Cerakoted SS Boyds Laser Etched Laminate Stock Vortex Viper PS.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  1.05 MB

Yes the Ruger is very much under-sung, Greghud has recently built a very nice and very accurate rifle on a Ruger M77 action, in 6.5x55.

However Norwest, in an unusually thoughtful moment for a bloke, has recognized my mental anguish and as he promised above is going to sell me the Brno 7x64 back. We have had complex negotiations with depreciation for the rounds fired and mileage traveled, and appreciation based on regionally averaged house prices combined with normal inflation, and to both our complete surprise the figure is exactly the same as I sold it to him 2-3 years ago. Funny how things work out!!

well done . . . moral of the story ( to me ) is never ever sell a good rifle . . get another if you feel the urge but keep the keepers

R.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !