Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Banana

Thread: Import B + E Cat Parts

Import B + E Cat Parts

Hi guys, I am interested in importing all the parts to build an E cat AR-15 as well as a bunch or AR and Glock Mags from the USA (and am fine with all the US forms required) but when I had a look at the 'Application to import firearms/ restricted weapons/parts' (POL67B), there is a part for 'importer's agent/dealer'.

Do I need to have an agent or dealer import these parts for me or can I leave this part of the form blank?

If I need an agent do you guys have any recommendations for who is best to use?

Main reason behind the import is $$$ saving as the parts I want to use in the build are very expensive here...let's not go into the overpriced magazine debacle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Do I need to have an agent or dealer import these parts for me or can I leave this part of the form blank?
    Leave it blank

Usually, the agent will ask for $USD x 2.5, calculate by yourself and compare the price locally.
    If you want to save more $$$, do it yourself, however, the main issue will be the export permit from the USA.
    Many parts are restricted (for selling to overseas) by the US firearm law / policies.You will find it is really difficult to find the right person/store to ship parts to you, but that is not impossible, just take your time and do more research.
    Good luck mate.

Yeah have looked into it and plan on using Brownells. Looks like I need a DSP-83, End User Statement and a Purchase order form to get it out of the US.

I do also believe that Brownells require a letter of approval for from the AO saying they are all legal to import (for ALL parts) as well as the import permit for the restricted bits...

I am getting there slowly but I think it will be about $1500-$2000 saving by the end of it. For that I am prepared to wait the 6 months!

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Yeah have looked into it and plan on using Brownells. Looks like I need a DSP-83, End User Statement and a Purchase order form to get it out of the US.

I do also believe that Brownells require a letter of approval for from the AO saying they are all legal to import (for ALL parts) as well as the import permit for the restricted bits...

I am getting there slowly but I think it will be about $1500-$2000 saving by the end of it. For that I am prepared to wait the 6 months!

You'll save $1500 just on the mags . Get all the parts put on the permit. Some AOs have a policy of being difficult not issuing letters stating certain parts do not require a permit, and legally all the parts will require a permit if they're intended for an E cat firearm, even if they aren't a defining MSSA feature. It's always been about a month from posting the US paperwork to parcels arriving at my door. PM me if you want filled out samples of the US paperwork.
    grunzter likes this.