Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By Konev
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: Importing questions...

Question Importing questions...

Hi all.
    Thinking of importing a GRS Riflestock myself to try and save a few dollars. Has anybody brought rifle stocks in under the new regs? Guessing I need a permit even though it's just a piece of wood (laminated).

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Hi all.
    Thinking of importing a GRS Riflestock myself to try and save a few dollars. Has anybody brought rifle stocks in under the new regs? Guessing I need a permit even though it's just a piece of wood (laminated).
    Welcome to the Forum.....

If its available buy it locally & save yourself a whole lot of time & hassle....

Yes you need an import permit, its a firearms part or is construed to be one, ie a scope, sling mount etc etc

If its out of the USA & is worth more than $100 USD technically you also need a US export permit..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Welcome to the Forum.....

If its available buy it locally & save yourself a whole lot of time & hassle....
    This Name:  Arrow.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  2.0 KBName:  Arrow.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  2.0 KB

Having imported more than once or twice unless its special, rare or worth a packet its just not worth the hassle, frustration and agrivation
    Stocky likes this.

Thanks fellers. I know a feller who knows the guy that runs GRS, so thought I might get a cheap deal... But sounds like I may as well support the local agent / reseller and go that way. They're talking about a three month waiting period though, didn't think Norway was that far away, sure wasn't when I was up there last week!
    Cheers

Thanks fellers. I know a feller who knows the guy that runs GRS, so thought I might get a cheap deal... But sounds like I may as well support the local agent / reseller and go that way. They're talking about a three month waiting period though, didn't think Norway was that far away, sure wasn't when I was up there last week!
    Cheers
    Should have brought it home with you....applying for an import permit before you left

Talked about it, but I only had two days after I visited the factory, and it was an impromptu visit so I didn't even think about it in advance. I knew my mate was a keen hunter but didn't realise we were only an hour and a half from the factory and the boss was his sister in-laws partner...
    Such is life...

I bought an oryx stock in June when they were not being sold here, now they are and i still dont have it due to NZ Post being useless.

Buy it locally.
    Goose likes this.

Talked about it, but I only had two days after I visited the factory, and it was an impromptu visit so I didn't even think about it in advance. I knew my mate was a keen hunter but didn't realise we were only an hour and a half from the factory and the boss was his sister in-laws partner...
    Such is life...
    Sounds like a reason to savefor another visit....They may have similar interests and be worth the visit....
    Goose likes this.