Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just found the perfect scope

Just found the perfect scope

Steiner have just released two new scopes , called T5Xi series , these are speced well , FFP , zero stop , turn indicater ( NEAT ) , the 3-15x50mm seems NICE , 12 mils aturn , 2 turn E knob .
    And price almost 1/2 a new S&B PMII , opps , at that price point , its set to dominate the tac market , alot of scope for the dollars .

Later Chris
    paddygonebush likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Steiner have just released two new scopes , called T5Xi series , these are speced well , FFP , zero stop , turn indicater ( NEAT ) , the 3-15x50mm seems NICE , 12 mils aturn , 2 turn E knob .
    And price almost 1/2 a new S&B PMII , opps , at that price point , its set to dominate the tac market , alot of scope for the dollars .

Later Chris
    Looks a lot like the Premier Light Tac. $1300USD sounds good too

Go to the hide , for pics of it , also a youtube , showing the neat rev indicator .

Weight and reticle?

Its too heavy for hunters , I look at it as a alternate to using a S&B PMII , its in the 1800 USD price range , got a REAL nice 2 turn indicator , as all the numbers change inside the knob , its on the Hide , and a link to the neat Elevation turret .

P.S. At the moment its mil , but look for a moa variant next yr , reticle looks good , and they will have a MSR reticle soon as well , the only sticking point is maybe IF they will ship outside the USA , as its made in the US .
    Knobs are CCW turn direction , with CW as a option ?

Quote from Steiner on snipers hide, Export to Canada and Australia is a sure thing. No problem there.
    If they ship to oz they should ship to NZ??
    Will be waiting for a few more reviews when they are released.

NO , just because they ship to Canada & Aus , means nothing in reguards to NZ , as each country has different trade deals & restrictions from the USA end .

Ie some countries have special status with the US .

Later Chris

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Cool turret
    Uplandstalker and 308 like this.

Prices are as follows ,

1-5x24mm $1300 USD
    3-15x50mm $1700
    5-25x56mm $1900

It will be a piece of piss to get the scope sent to NZ from the states. People are needlessly freaking out about these restrictions.

It looks like a real good option. All the features I want out of a scope without it being absurdly large and with a mental price.

I think I'll try one .
    kiwijames likes this.

Also weight for the 3-15: 25.06 ounces (710 grams )
    Length: 12.9 inches. (63.6cm)

Proud Kiwi ,

Not freaking out ,

I have had S&B PMIIs sent from the US , no problems at all , that however was a few years ago , last time I got a PMII 5-25x from the US , they would not send to NZ , sent to a friend in the US , and they sent it on , that was a few yrs ago as well .
    Since then they have just gotten tighter .
    However , I have heard 1st hand from a US guy in NZ , that was getting scopes sent out for Kiwi mates , from his family back in the US , THAT is until guys in black suits turned up at his work place in NZ , to talk to him , he does not do that any more .
    Me personally , I have had a item , stopped in the US postal system , and the US guy sending it to me , was questioned by the feds .

So its up to you if you want to risk a mate or family member in the US , that said , things could change tomorrow , and get easier or harder than at current .

BUT as its so easy , show me one place in the USA , that will ship me a S&B PMII , as I would like more ?

Later Chris

Just got a reply from the Steiner guy on the Hide , he says they will be available from Beretta in NZ , which may mean that US retailers donot ship to NZ , But they are exported by Steiner ( permits or clearance ) to thier agents in NZ , Beretta .

So we will be able to get them thru Beretta NZ , But may or may not be able to purchase from the US , that remains to be seen .

Later Chris

S&B scopes are not ITAR restricted so unless you're trying to bring in dumb shit like NVG's and the like you will have zero problems by using any one of a number of re-shippers.

Email Alex Roy and tell him what you want. You can even use my reshiiping account if you want.

I have bought in quite a bit of gear including all manner of scopes and firearms and I have never had an issue. Not even once.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    If Beretta is the agent... Then forget getting one.. If it's not branded Beretta they don't give a shit... Quite possibly the most incompetent bunch I have ever come across