Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 1 Post By No.3
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By akaroa1
  • 2 Post By Tentman
  • 1 Post By Bagheera

Thread: Kahles 4x

Kahles 4x

I have an older kahles.Helia super 4s2
    The out side has seen better days with next to no blueing left but opticly shes mint. With the german no4 reticle any one know what its worth .:screwy:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I got a nice one of these on TM last year for $250, which I regard as a great bargin, I'd probably have gone to $350-$400 for it quite happily.

Sounds like yours is a bit less "nice" in terms of aesethics but I'd probably offer $300 if you're interested in selling it (when I've paid for a bunch of stuff I've got on the go right now !).

I've been fortunate enough to get a Kahles with my Voere .22 Semi purchase.

Waiting for it to arrive!

Name:  2074963323.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  313.0 KB

11 year old thread revival

Necrothread...

Having said that these old Kahles are always worth a look at!
    vorno likes this.

Old glass can be good glass. I wanted a low power 32 mm scope, ended up with an IOR 4x with no 4 reticle. It's probably 30 years or more old, adjusts fine and the glass is at least as clear as any of the new stuff I had been considering.
    vorno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Old glass can be good glass. I wanted a low power 32 mm scope, ended up with an IOR 4x with no 4 reticle. It's probably 30 years or more old, adjusts fine and the glass is at least as clear as any of the new stuff I had been considering.
    I have a 1960s Unertl Vulture external mount 10x target scope. Easily as good as any modern glass.
    Guys who look through it expect it to be challenging being old style externally adjustable mounts.
    They look at you with a stunned look on their face when they realise how sharp and clear it looks
    vorno likes this.
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Ive got one of the 4x IORs too, and they are a fantastic bit of glass, they maybe have a sort of "cast" which makes deer colours "pop" long after its gotten too dark for any other scope (the flash Euros included).
    Marty Henry and vorno like this.

My 5 yr old kahles binos have that yellow/orange cast. Very cheerful to look through.

All game animals seem to have a bit of red in them, more than the environment.
    vorno likes this.