Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Kiwis support stricter controls on gun owners

Kiwis support stricter controls on gun owners

Course they do.

Well we know some people on this very forum who do....
    Ryan, 300CALMAN and Skatieguy like this.

Because there's so many police and public being wounded or killed on a daily basis by firearm wielding assailants that ... more laws are necessary.

Why attempt to control something that is non-existential? Jesus, if he did exist.. would have wept.

yes but then the "sheeple", media and politicians are also crying "foul" that the you chap only got a light sentence when he bashed a POLICE OFFICER like that means its is somehow much worse than bashing a "regular person".

While police should expect not to be bashed at work we should also expect the same.

Both are equally bad and should have be appropriately dealt with. Assault is assault end of storey
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Of the 83% who are in favor of stricter controls on gun owners, I wonder how many actually know what the current restrictions are? I wonder if the target demographic was carefully selected, and asked questions in a way that was likely to result in TVNZ's desired answers?
    veitnamcam, Rich007, Gibo and 5 others like this.

I'd really actually like to see, first-hand, how this "poll" that was conducted.

You know, actually look at the questions posed and the responses because if not, how then can a surreptitious poll really hold weight as a reliable gauge of public opinion? Particularly if it's then peddled by the state broadcaster as being factual?
    WallyR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Well we know some people on this very forum who do....
    Yikes! Get their names, and publish a list. Out them!

Of course there are. I'm one. I'm open to any reasonable and workable changes that will likely keep firearms out of the hands of nutters and criminals. And likely, there are some of those on the forum too.
    Blaser, Pointer and WallyR like this.

Unless you have money and a good lawyer,
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Unless you have a shit load of money and a really good lawyer,
    fixed it for ya mate
    Maca49 and WallyR like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

Of course there are. I'm one. I'm open to any reasonable and workable changes that will likely keep firearms out of the hands of nutters and criminals. And likely, there are some of those on the forum too.
    Did I hear today Aussie is looking at an amnesty and tougher laws for possession or smuggling of illegal weapons? They were stiff penalties, now there's are start at the right end!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Well that didn't take long.

"I'm open to any and reasonable workable changes".

Please, if you would - describe these in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    fixed it for ya mate
    Well said Mikee, I do believe striking a police office should double the penalty and trebble it if you under the influence of drugs or alcohol, mine you I'd support the death penalty as well! I guess at 67 yrs you get over the crap!
    WallyR and Roddy like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I would like to see the answer to question: "How many of the 83% who want great gun controls are gun owners?"

Personally I feel that the opinions of licence holders should hold more weight. I also believe it would be nice if these polls were unbiased enough to at least ask enough questions to provide some meaningful results. Ringing up Joe Public while he's eating dinner or watching the news, asking random questions then throwing in - "... and do you believe we need tighter gun laws...?" - WTF do you think the answer is going to be?

I'm also very dismayed with the Mountain Safety Council situation. I believe their management is on a self-serving mission to disrupt the current process in order to introduce their own qualification system which we, the license-holders will have to pay dearly for. Think ISO9000. Think about a private entity who is contracted to provide unit standards for firearms testing. Think about the Directors of this business earning huge coin at our expense... all justified by "public opinion demanding that we have a rigorous and sustainable process with accountability... blah, blah, blah..."

I'm almost prepared to bet my right testicle that's where these guys are heading. Their actions, their discussions, their involvement in the current review is far to well orchestrated to be happening by chance. Bet your bottom dollar there is a plan... and it's going to be at our expense.
    veitnamcam, Ryan, WallyR and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Well said Mikee, I do believe striking a police office should double the penalty and trebble it if you under the influence of drugs or alcohol, mine you I'd support the death penalty as well! I guess at 67 yrs you get over the crap!
    Should be that way for everyone who bashes anyone not just some one who happens to bash a cop
    Pengy, Maca49 and Tommy like this.