Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By keneff
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By Nibblet

Thread: AT Last

Red face AT Last

At last, after 3 1/2 months, my FAL has come through and yesterday, I picked up my new Browning x - bolt, gave it a cuddle, took it home and fitted the scope, a Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42. They seem to go well together. My thanks to Ben and Richard at Serious Shooters, Penrose,who looked after me well, with deals and service. I highly recommend them if any of you guys are out shopping at the moment. I also bought a Wheeler Engineering scope mounting kit. If anyone wants to use it, you're welcome to do so, but only here at my place. PM me with your mobile number and I'll text you my address. I only got the 1" kit so bear that in mind. You can expect a beer or a coffee or tea and you can use my bench. Next weekend, I'll sight-in the rifle, and hopefully get away for a hunt soon after. it's hard to wait - you know, new toy syndrome - but I've waited this long for the licence and the rifle, so I know I can wait a little longer. Patience is not a virtue - it's a necessity.
    Shearer likes this.

3-1/2 months, bought a fishing licence for Rotorua Lakes, had a licence posted to me in 24 hrs, something is dreadfully wrong
    Steve123 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Ejected
    Yeah Auckland is shit for wait time, too many people not enough vets
    Steve123 likes this.

also a huge backlog in Wellywood, where the decisions are made and the processing done

I'm in Taupo and it took 3 months to renew mine!!!!
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.