Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Breingan

Thread: Leica 2000b

Leica 2000b

I have a newish Leica 2000b rangefinder.
    I have it set up so it tells me the equivalent horizontal range. When using it the other day I was getting the line of sight distance then the ehr distance and they were different but it was telling me that it was at 0 degrees so flat, so shouldn’t the two distances be the same or I’m I doing something wrong.
    Any ideas

MSL
    The 2000b doesn’t have a true EHR function in that it has maybe 10? Preprogrammed ballistic curves that you can chose from, so when using the EHR function the readout you are getting is an angular correction for one of those curves. Be nice if it just gave straight EHR.

In EHR mode its also compensating for the atmosphere (temp and pressure) so if the atomosphere is different from the the standard pre set ballistic curve it will give you a different range even tho it’s 0 degrees so your not doing anything wrong. What range where you using it at and if using either range read out would that cause a miss?

Was using it at 500yards and was giving me a reading of 485yards, which worked out to 1/2 moa difference. Wouldnt have caused a miss but when shooting animals I would like To use the most accurate info I can get. Would there any way of finding out what atmospheric conditions they use for their standard.
    Thanks

As it turns out this is not an uncommon issue with this unit and also the 1600b. On the b models the equivalent horizontal range function should actually be called the ‘equivalent horizontal barometric temperature range’. So to use the EHR you have to choose one of their preset holdover corrections which uses a atmospheric pressure of 1013mbar and a temperature of 20*c. So if your ballistic are not the same as theirs at their standard atmospheric conditions this EHR function will be of little use to you. I think this feature is very poorly executed by Leica. And very poorly explained. So I hope I’ve done a better job of explaining it so potential buyers can make a more informed decision.
    Nibblet, rod and WallyR like this.