Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hotsoup
  • 1 Post By luckey

Thread: Leica ERi Scope

Leica ERi Scope

Looking to buy one of these tomorrow, but thought id get some opinions if any tonight. I compared the Zeiss, VX6 and the Leica er5 at hunt fish and the er5 came out on top.
    Now im not sure if there is any difference between the er5 and the eri.

So if you have one or have used one, opinions would be great.

Its going to be a 3-12x50 with illuminated reticle and lockable turret with zero stop.

Expensive for what they are. Quality isn't as good as a nightforce, but command a Nightforce price. Upto you.

Also - alot of the reticles are very heavy and aren't very suitable for LR shooting.

I looked at both the er5 and the eri, but ended up not buying either.

The er5 is half the price of the eri, and is built for the American market so reticle is in the second focal plane. I thought the reticle was far too heavy, but optics were great.

The eri was a nice scope,first focal plane and much finer reticle, but I thought there were better options for the money. Ended up buying a Zeiss Victory HT with ASV+ from a store in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post

I thought the reticle was far too heavy, but optics were great.
    I thought that as well.

Swaro z5
    25/08IMP likes this.

I have a Z5 at the moment and with my dickey eyes and the short eye box, it has made me look for something else.
    I see what you mean regarding the nightforce, but dont want to carry around a hammer and the glass is average. I looked through both and the leica walked all over it, the glass is my main priority.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post

The er5 is half the price of the eri, and is built for the American market so reticle is in the second focal plane. I thought the reticle was far too heavy, but optics were great.

The eri was a nice scope,first focal plane and much finer reticle, but I thought there were better options for the money. Ended up buying a Zeiss Victory HT with ASV+ from a store in Sydney.
    Not sure which Er you had a look through Sauer but mine is this one
    Leica ER 2.5-10x42 BR Ballistic Reticle with BDC 50004 for sale! - EuroOptic.com
    The reticle is quite thin much more so than say a Leupy VX3 on 10x, not quite as a P4L fein on 12, and to my eye the glass holds with the S&B all the way to dusk.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the clicks are a little close together and moa but it's not a dialer anyway.
    Second focal but that's not really an issue as it's on a simple hunting rifle

Not sure but a guy at Euro optic a couple of years ago told me the only difference with the i model was the illumination, I haven't seen an ERi so cannot confirm.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have the ERi 2.5-10 x 42 on my A7 .308 - it's the 55022 model, with dial-up and lockable. I love it - wonderful glass and build quality. 4a reticle in 2nd plane works fine for me. I'm still exploring the illumination and dial-up features, so far it's all good - very user friendly. No regrets. My mates with lesser scopes are blown away (but they don't have Zeiss or Swaro either). Good price here Leica ERi 2.5-10x42 4a Riflescope 55022 for sale! - EuroOptic.com.
    Danny likes this.

Hey @luckey does it have the same turrets on the windage side of the scope?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Hey @luckey does it have the same turrets on the windage side of the scope?
    No the windage side is just the usual finger-adjust dial/knob, no assisted aiming system.