Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By hotbarrels

Thread: Leupold 10x50HD BX-3 binoculars - just bought at amazing price!!!!! Check this out.

Leupold 10x50HD BX-3 binoculars - just bought at amazing price!!!!! Check this out.

Now I own a pair of leica ultravid 10x25's as my carry bino's and they are hands down the best compact bino's out there.
    I wanted a larger pair of bino's for rabbit shooting from fixed shooting stands, and for the kids to use when they tag along, and decided to buy a pair of Vortex Diamondback's sight unseen on special. They were low cost and I wasn't toooooooo worried about optical performance, but to be fair, they are pretty average.

After attending the Sika show this year and looking at all the bino's on display, I concluded that the Leupold's were the best value for money at all price points, and even the BX-1's were way better than the Vortex. So I decided to give the Vortex to my mum, and upgrade for my birthday
    A pair of BX-3 10x42's came up on TM a couple of weeks ago at a good price and I was very temped to purchase them but first decided to have a look on the net to see what prices were like in the USA.
    I was rather surprised at what was available, particularly on ebay. I ended up pulling the trigger on a pair of BX-3 10x50HD in black from bigfishbuddy.

They arrived today, and here's the thing - I paid NZ$656.76 landed including FX (as per my visa statement). Declared value on the shipping document was US$99 so they went through 'you know where' without getting slammed for duty or gst (PS. I didn't ask them to do this). Delivery was 8 days from placement of order. Holly shit bat man, these were quoted to me by Gun City at NZ$1,700!!!!

So, big fat shout out for 'bigfishbuddy' on ebay - bloody awesome! If you are looking for a pair of Leupold's, based on my one off experience, I would definitely recommend this seller.

He has BX-3 10x42HD's and 10x50HD's on ebay at the moment.
    Leupold BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD Binocular 8x42mm Roof Prism 170261 NIB | eBay
    Leupold 170605 BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD 10x50mm Binoculars Black 30317117702 | eBay