Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Leupold Customer Service - Good Experience

Leupold Customer Service - Good Experience

I bought a Leupold RX1000i TBR with DNA rangefinder new around 2014 and a few months ago the edges of the display failed to the point that I could not read the distance - the reticle in the center was still ok and it appeared to be ranging.

I knew that it was out of warranty, two years only on electronics, so I used GOOGLE to see if anyone else had reported a similar issue with this model.

Sure enough, there were a half dozen posts on various forums and most had mentioned they spoke to Leupold Customer Service who offered a replacement at 60% off US retail pricing.

I duly completed the Leupold USA online service form and sent my rangefinder from INVERCARGILL to Leupold in Beaverton OR. NZ Post with tracking cost $18.

About 10 days later I received an email from Leupold asking me to call and discuss.

I did just that and in about 3 minutes had completed an order for a new Leupold RX-1600i TBR/W (Orange camo colour) for NZD$380

NZ retail is around NZD$750

I have no complaints about the two year electronics warranty but if you are in the same situation I hope this info is useful.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

leupold warranty is second to none (with buck knives) . i fell over a rifle after a nasty fall, snapped the scope in 2 right behind the turrets. i sent it back explaining it was my fault but was it repairable. they sent me a new scope !
    ok, its probably done for publicity reasons (it was only an old vx 2) but hell i will recommend people buy leupold till i die for this one reason
    dogmatix, JoshC, hotsoup and 2 others like this.

I have just received my email offer from leupold as I sent my 12yr old rangefinder back. Do they ask you to pay over the phone or do they send you a voucher of sorts to get here in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    I have just received my email offer from leupold as I sent my 12yr old rangefinder back. Do they ask you to pay over the phone or do they send you a voucher of sorts to get here in NZ?
    No vouchers, this has nothing to do with anyone in NZ - except you.

This only applies to dealing direct with Leupold USA - who now have your rangefinder.

tel: 503-646-9171 - ask for Technical Support or Product Service - have the email handy with the case number.

Figure out what new model you want, have a credit card available.

They will process a new order while you are on the phone - if your credit card is rejected it will most likely be an issue with your bank to protect you from fraudulent international transactions.

Check local time - Oregon USA - same as Los Angeles or Seattle. Don't call first thing any AM, lunch times, or last thing PM.

Note - I did call Leupold Oceania - warranties are handled through an office in Australia. They just said "the warranty has expired" so I left it at that.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

I emailed them once for something and never heard back. Hope I get better service if I ever need something again

Heard some amazing references on Leupi warranty returns etc

Much better than the Alpha Euro competition
    Mind you perhaps the Euro stuff not fault as much (but it still does)

Meindl sent me a new pair of makalu pro boots once.
    I complained to the retailer and got a full refund just because i was a good customer of theirs.
    Not because meindl got involved.

But i still thought meindl should have taken an interest and i sent a reasonably stroppy email to their customer complaint department.
    Didn't get a reply or acknowledgement of any kind !

A couple of moths later when i might have had a few more drinks than usual i re sent the original email and added a bit more about " whats the use of having a customer support email if no-one ever replys !"
    And as per the first got absolutely no reply again !!

Six months later the retailer phoned to advise that he had recieved a complimentary pair of meindl makalu pros for me from meindl germany with absolutely no indication of why.
    Sent to them because they only had my name and the retailers.

I'm currently in the process for the return of a Leupold Rangefinder - not surprisingly it's a RX1000i TBR with DNA. Fingers crossed I get a similar result as KiwiinSeattle

Thanks @KiwiinSeattle. Been a good result. They gave me all the details in my reply letter and offered to return the rangefinder or give me 60% off. Going to take the 60% deal just need to wait a fortnight.
    It took less than a week from when my rangefinder arrived to get that reply. Initially it stated it would take 30 days to get around to my one. Really good service.

I sent a pair of binos back a week or so ago, so will see what happens....
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

I received great service from the NZ leupold team when I returned a dying rangefinder. it was out of warranty but for around $300, it was replaced with the top of the line model. All inside a week.

Great customer service
    WallyR likes this.

I had great service from leupold nz after the seal broke on my spotting scope. Sent it away late February and received a new one the day before I headed off to fiordland in early April. The one I had sent back wasn’t going to arrive on time for my trip but leupold nz had a brand new one on the shelf which they sent me instead so I would have one to take on my trip. Couldn’t recommend them enough!
    mikee, Micky Duck and quentin like this.

All good stories, but what is going to happen now that nz post stop shipping inland everything that arrives at customs be it Auckland or Christchurch?
    Will we even be able to sent our products for repair outside the country with those new policies?

That was part of the reason they sent me the new spotting scope off the shelf. Leupold nz said gun related items were getting held up at customs.l so just sent me the new one.

We will just have to wait and see if warranty replacement items get held up at the border.

I managed to get the warranty process done without sending the rangefinder away. I just needed to provide photos showing the serial number of the rangefinder, and after placing the order for the replacement, more photos of the destroyed unit (that bit was fun).

Name:  IMG_20190514_141602.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  2.45 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190514_141609.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  2.80 MB
    Liam258 likes this.