Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapour
  • 1 Post By The Jackel

Thread: Leupold VX2 6-18x40 AO or Leupold AR MOD 6-18x40

Leupold VX2 6-18x40 AO or Leupold AR MOD 6-18x40

I'm looking at a new scope for my Benelli MR1 .223 and am looking at these two options

VX2 6-18x40mm AO Leupold Optics VX-2 6-18x40mm Adj. Obj. - | Leupold Optics

or the

Mark AR MOD 1 6-18x40mm Leupold Optics Mark AR MOD 1 6-18x40mm - | Leupold Optics

Probably be looking at the Fine Duplex, as most of the shooting is at targets at the 100m range and one day i might start taking out a few rabbits.

They are similar in price, the AR MOD 1 is set up for 55g .223? but seems to be the same as the VX2 6-18x40mm. is there any real benefit of ether one over the other?

I'm thinking the VX2 would have a better resale over here in NZ and as I'm playing with different loads other than 55g, this would be a better option?

What would you seasoned shooters choose?

Cheers,

the Mod 1 has distance marks for the 55gr 223 but if your not using that exact load it really is a big guess anyway - The mod 1 is Mil and the vx2 is MOA - which again doesn't really matter unless you have a milldot recticule of some sort - which you said you weren't. The Mod 1 has nicer but exposed turrets which is about the only difference. If you were going to be doing long range stuff more then the easy click-able turrets might be better option. I have a mod 1 on my AR and I like it alot but I also have a mil TMR reticule which only really helps if I run out of adjustment and need to add more mils for hold over or wind - but that kind of range is getting out there for a 223
    The Jackel likes this.
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Quote Originally Posted by Vapour View Post
    the Mod 1 has distance marks for the 55gr 223 but if your not using that exact load it really is a big guess anyway - The mod 1 is Mil and the vx2 is MOA - which again doesn't really matter unless you have a milldot recticule of some sort - which you said you weren't. The Mod 1 has nicer but exposed turrets which is about the only difference. If you were going to be doing long range stuff more then the easy click-able turrets might be better option. I have a mod 1 on my AR and I like it alot but I also have a mil TMR reticule which only really helps if I run out of adjustment and need to add more mils for hold over or wind - but that kind of range is getting out there for a 223

Thanks Vapour, appreciate your input , for the overview of the differences between the two, looks like the VX2 would be better for me.

Cheers,

adjustable objective scopes suck ass, side focus or dont bother.

had the vx2 and didnt like it, scrap both of them and get a vx3 4-14x40 cds

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    adjustable objective scopes suck ass, side focus or dont bother.

had the vx2 and didnt like it, scrap both of them and get a vx3 4-14x40 cds
    Don't have the extra coin at the moment to step up to the VX3

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackel View Post
    Don't have the extra coin at the moment to step up to the VX3
    Well i ended up getting a VX3 6.5-20x40mm EFR with a fine duplex with some ultra high Warne rings locally (Well in NZ), found a little more coin to put towards it, instead of the VX2

If i don't like it on the MR1 i can always put it on my 22LR

Can't wait to set it up once it arrives, and most of all give a go on the range.
    veitnamcam likes this.