Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Mintie
  • 1 Post By Shadowsol
  • 2 Post By mudgripz
  • 1 Post By Mintie

Thread: Long Range .22 lr plinking with the Ruger Precision

Long Range .22 lr plinking with the Ruger Precision

Got a new scope in for my RPR as I wanted to setup for some longer range stuff. The Vector Veyron 4-16x44 ffp, sheesh that's a great scope for the money!!!

I set my zero at 100y and then moved back to the 200y bench, putting shots on paper I could see the impact through the scope easily at 16x zoom, it was just over half way down the reticle dots without changing the elevation turret.

Set up a little steel gong and recorded a little video of me tapping on it, 10 out of 10 shots hit the 8" gong at 200y and as you can see there is a bit of a swirling tail wind going on. I left my phone down range and put another 10 shots on the gong from 200y and as you can see most of the shots looked like they grouped within about an inch!! Looking forward to shooting this with some decent target ammo and less wind! Might have to move back to the 300y bench too!

https://youtu.be/YapuLZtc8cs

arhh I want one... I know there are more accurate options but I will need to get one of these eventually
    Mintie likes this.

I would be interested to know what results you get from say a four consecutive group test at 100m.

Haven't found much to beat a little EM332 I had a while back. Some excellent new 22LR makes/models available now - including your Ruger Precision setups.. Enjoy!
    Bol Tackshin and Mintie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    I would be interested to know what results you get from say a four consecutive group test at 100m.

Haven't found much to beat a little EM332 I had a while back. Some excellent new 22LR makes/models available now - including your Ruger Precision setups.. Enjoy!
    Will do that at some stage, for now I'm enjoying ringing the gong!

For 4 consecutive 5 shot groups to be good I think the ammo consistency plays a huge part, maybe I will sort some ammo into groups of the same rim thickness, oal, and weight and then use batches that all measure the same for the 4 groups. All my shooting to date is just picking them straight out of the box, and I have found the CCi subs to vary a bit in the last batch.
    Waldo Peens likes this.