Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

lop shorten on a rossi single shot 357

I brought one of them last thursday and sighted it in yesterday shoots great for a cheep gun so wort spending time on it was about an inchto long for me so today i took to it with a hack saw and a file shortend it by 25mm (1 inch) and refited the recoil pad its now perfict lenth for me

Enough blaring on and to.my question:-) they have a steel rod that fits into the pad and go down and sits in a hole near the tang 1st of all what the fuck is it (geussing is something to do with recoil) so now for the question is that ment to be the same lenth as the stock? i will cut it tomorrow but just thorght id check that was the case

That steel rod should have a thread on the end that screws into the back of the receiver i.e. it holds the butt stock in place.

They are normally set up the stock a tad and NO, dont cut it until you have a real good look and unscrew the retaining bolt

Is it just a steel rod? I have a shotgun here that has a mercury dampener in the butt.

Have a look at the schematic diagram for the beast Rambo and it will become all clear