Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 1 Post By madjon_
  • 2 Post By kimjon
  • 1 Post By JoshC

Thread: Lpy lifetime warranty

Lpy lifetime warranty

Is the lifetime warranty on Leupold goldring scopes dependant on proof of purchase etc ?
    I have a VX 11 (I think) that came on a secondhand rifle I bought quite recently, and it is stuck on x3 power. The adjustment ring moves, albeit stiffly, but no change in mag. Wondering if it is worth the hassle of returning it
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Is the lifetime warranty on Leupold goldring scopes dependant on proof of purchase etc ?
    I have a VX 11 (I think) that came on a secondhand rifle I bought quite recently, and it is stuck on x3 power. The adjustment ring moves, albeit stiffly, but no change in mag. Wondering if it is worth the hassle of returning it
    Yes its worth it as they often send back a brand new scope, occasionally an improved model !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, 199p, mikee and 1 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I sent a vari x111 back for a service,no charge.just $23 for return postage
    Pengy likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    did the same thing as madjon, same result
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Lifetime Warranty is not dependent on proof of purchase.
    When you buy a Leupold you effectively have it for life. I currently have 5 Leupolds up to 25 years old, all Vari-X II or VX2 models.
    I`ve killed a few cheaper scopes but never had a problem with a Leupold.

Sent two them back, both 100% my fault, dropped rifle in falls...both broke in half (big falls)...both fixed by Leopold! One cost $180nz the other they did for free! Not bad considering it was nothing to do with manufacturing quality.

Kj
    puku and Pengy like this.

had a 40yr old scope that had a scratched lens and a few paint chips,sent it back to them and they charged me $24.00 american + freight and sent me a new VX2. great sevice.

I had a vx111 I rolled a bike over and bent. Sent it back to get fixed, they sent back a new vx3. Cost me postage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I tell you what, this is all excellent advertising, next scope I buy is 100% going to be a leupy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I tell you what, this is all excellent advertising, next scope I buy is 100% going to be a leupy!
    I already have one but I hope none of the above happens to it
    Let dogs lead the way

Sent an older 6.5x25 back to them for a change of turrets. Went to the bother of actually phoning them as well to discus what I wanted - avoid phoning, I ended up in 15 long queue and waited for ever. Tech offered a custom engraving of my turrets and also advised that the scope would be treated as though it was being returned under warranty - a full check over, erector function, clean up etc. Sent an email to the tech to confirm our telephone discussion. He acknowledged. Got scope back, lens filthy, wrong marking on turrets grrrr. The reason there are so many stories about the much vaunted Leupold warranty is that so many people end up needing to avail themselves of it (more so nowadays seemingly). Probably out of all proportion to the number sold.