Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By nzfubz
  • 1 Post By stumpy
  • 1 Post By jakesae101
  • 3 Post By Mufasa

Thread: Mag pouches

R93

Mag pouches

What do all the handgunners use for mag pouches for action/speed steel and the like?

I have one with a magnet from Ghost.
    I rate the magnet as it with hold a fully loaded mag (not it's intention) but the main pouch is pretty weak. I have dropped full mags out of it.
    I want to change.
    Double alpha the way to go?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32313795724.html I use them work a treat and you can get 3 for the price of a non Chinese one

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

I use double alpha , and similer on my belts ....I have seen the magnet ones around .... but with the way I walk , I need them buggers secure ......
    R93 likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Competition Guns Limited

3 x DA mag pouches and 1 x magnet for the the 1st position, personally feel I can grab quicker off the magnet rather than pull it out of the pouch.

Well the magnets intention is to hold a fully loaded mag, dont understand why you would think otherwise. You can walk to the line with your magazine on the magnet that you want to start the stage with or if you are doing a table start you use it throw a loaded mag onto without wasting time trying to get it into a pouch.

And i use the cr speed pouches, they arnt falling out of those holders. The double As are pretty dam good to.

The magnetic holder is my position #1, for reloads. Every start I do is from pos #3, load, then use pos#4. Unless it's a condition 2 start then I load from pos #4.

im using the Hoppner & Schumann pouches think they are as good as the cr speed or DAA the only thing is with the magnetic holders is ive seen people get them stuck to the metal framed tables and almost flip them when starting off a table currently running 5x H&S pouches (mainly due to the fact with a .22 slide on my gun you can only get 10 round mags )
    R93 likes this.

+1 for the Double Alpha Race Master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from ghost to DA race master to DA racer. As you say the ghost retention isn't great and the attachment takes up a lot of the velcro contact space (of course you can get around that, but I don't like to do work arounds when they shouldn't be necessary in the first place). They also aren't that strong, I fell and destroyed two of them, admittedly that was subjecting them to a lot of stress. The DA race masters are metal but when it came down to it unnecessarily heavy. The man thing I didn't like about them was the ball joints gave a lot of adjustability but I didn't need that much and the set screws worked loose and the magazine pouch would periodically start flopping about. The cheaper DA offering the racer pouches are plastic but seem stronger than the ghost pouches. The racers aren't as adjustable as the race master pouches only being able to adjust the cant forward or back not angle it away from your torso (but I don't need that option) and they don't use the same ball joint so it won't work loose. It pays to get the right inserts for glock magazines. Both the race master and racer pouches take up very little contact velcro contact area. The hoppner and schumann pouches look ok with a low front to guide the index finger when grabbing the magazine ( do you need it? no. does it hurt? nope) they do use the teklok attachment system which again takes up velcro attachment space on the belt (again you can work around this by gluing velcro onto the back of the teklok. I keep going on about amount of velcro contact, but after a couple of times when the entire rig falls around your ankles while running a course you tend to get cautious.
    R93, Beaker and stumpy like this.