Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: magnum supressors

magnum supressors

iv got a 300wm with a nice 20 inch barrel, shes a beauty to have when in the bush, but christ its loud and shoots nice flames. i see theres a few magnum supressors on the market, i dont know alot about them which one/make/brand would give me the best noise reduction, id also like to keep the weight down and avoid having it hanging a meter off the end of the barrel?

cheers ss.

I have a DPT Magnum one, highly recommend it, Can shoot over dogs head now if I have too and she don't even flinch (and nor do I)
    Cartman likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Me, I think if I'm going to cut a magnum down I'd get a suppressor for sure. I have a DPT magnum and use it on my 308. It's good.
    I'll leave the 7RM standard and thread it for when I'm shooting targets/gongs.
    Hunting I carry plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

these dpt ones, is there a standard threaded piece that fits on your barrel then you add bits on till it makes the noise you want? i see some rifles have their supressors right back on the stock almost

my barrel is 26 inches so with suppressor fitted its a wee bit longer, but its still my go to super long range lightweight bush ......... and longer is better than louder
    Danny likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    my barrel is 26 inches so with suppressor fitted its a wee bit longer, but its still my go to super long range lightweight bush ......... and longer is better than louder
    haha yes i realise this. iv fired friends magnums that have supressors and they are still loud as hell, and iv fired 308s/270s with supressors that are quite pleasant even without earmuffs on so i am curious to see if thats normal?

Quote Originally Posted by silentscope View Post
    these dpt ones, is there a standard threaded piece that fits on your barrel then you add bits on till it makes the noise you want? i see some rifles have their supressors right back on the stock almost
    No but you can add extra baffles if you want. Std Magnum as supplied one is enough for my 6.5SAUM

This is my Rem 700 .300 Win Mag, It has a 26in heavy barrel, with the MAE over barrel LEM A10B it drops the noise to near nothing, you can fire at the range with just ear plugs, have had numerous comments on how quiet it is, Speak with Gary at MAE...can't recommend them enough...

Name:  Remington 700 Long Range Bell & Carlson  Sightron SIII SS 6-24x50LRFFPMOA2 MAE LEM A10B Suppress.JPG
Views: 804
Size:  837.3 KB

Ejected
    Name:  20151001_170018.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  351.7 KB

The large one, ase utra sl7. Heavy at 500g but super quite and really robust

Ejected
    Especially if you want to do multiple strings of shots as aluminum ones will heat up quickly and change impact and give off bad mirage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    This is my Rem 700 .300 Win Mag, It has a 26in heavy barrel, with the MAE over barrel LEM A10B it drops the noise to near nothing, you can fire at the range with just ear plugs, have had numerous comments on how quiet it is, Speak with Gary at MAE...can't recommend them enough...

Attachment 42746
    thats one sweet rig. cheers ill have a look at their website

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Attachment 42748

The large one, ase utra sl7. Heavy at 500g but super quite and really robust
    thats bloody compact. whats one of those worth? all i can find on them is an overseas website

Ejected
    @45SOUTH can give you an exact price but near $600 from memory for sl7 which is suitable for magnums (even auto).

Quietest I have ever used but it depends on the kind of shooting you want to do. If it's used for gongs and multiple shots is perfect as it doesn't heat up so quick but 500g+ might be too heavy for you and your plans.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    @45SOUTH can give you an exact price but near $600 from memory for sl7 which is suitable for magnums (even auto).

Quietest I have ever used but it depends on the kind of shooting you want to do. If it's used for gongs and multiple shots is perfect as it doesn't heat up so quick but 500g+ might be too heavy for you and your plans.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    i shoot all the time, i like to go play at the range,and i sometimes walk a bloody long way when hunting. some of the other magnum ones are up around 700g so its not too bad. its a bugger you cant test fire these things and see whats best .

Ejected
    Pm @45SOUTH and quentin might be able to help you out.