Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HB.

In the market for new scope...opinions please.

So sold my old scope now looking at getting a good quality scope that suits my needs. Quality glass is probably top of the list. Reliable. Not too heavy. Wanting atleast 10 power. With my price range (around the 2k mark) looking at importing either Kahles, Zeiss Diavari, Leica, Swarovski (if poss) and Schmidt and Bender. Whats your guys opinions on these scopes? Have heard Zeiss isnt maybe as good optically or reliably as the others but the Diavari range is a good scope? Schmidt and Bender seem to have a good name. So personally havn't had any experience with any of these scopes so any and all info would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Impure Lead Flinger

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post

Not a bad buy and you wont have too wait half a century to get it.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not a bad buy and you wont have too wait half a century to get it.
    He may have to beat me too it yet R93... truely im actuall hoping someone will buy it b4 me lol just to keep my savings account looking as good as it is right now

I'd go the swarovski, have a look at the Z3 4-12x50 possibly with a ballistic turret it's a beautiful scope my bro has one and it's next on my list, in aus that's around $1300 or you could go the Z4 which I think you could find in higher variable and may have an illuminated reticle but that may be the Z5 can't remember off the top of my head. Either way they're a bit over $2k and I can tell you the glass is the same in all of them and the only difference is that the Z3 is assembled in USA and not Europe so it's really the same thing! Value for money I reckon

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackp. View Post
    I'd go the swarovski, have a look at the Z3 4-12x50 possibly with a ballistic turret it's a beautiful scope my bro has one and it's next on my list, in aus that's around $1300 or you could go the Z4 which I think you could find in higher variable and may have an illuminated reticle but that may be the Z5 can't remember off the top of my head. Either way they're a bit over $2k and I can tell you the glass is the same in all of them and the only difference is that the Z3 is assembled in USA and not Europe so it's really the same thing! Value for money I reckon
    Turrets are shit on the swaro's and I gaurantee they will eventually fog if used enough in NZ, mine did. Awesome to look thru and thats about it. Benders are a proven scope.

Yeh I haven't actually used a swarovski turret so I can't speak for them, I always liked leupolds bdc system better it's just a lot more expensive to use if you have different loads. As for fogging can't say I've ever heard of that issue with swars but I spose there's different conditions over there we have a lot of dry air.

Out of curiosity what kind of pocket damage are you looking at with S&B scopes? Never really had anything to do with em

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackp. View Post
    Yeh I haven't actually used a swarovski turret so I can't speak for them, I always liked leupolds bdc system better it's just a lot more expensive to use if you have different loads. As for fogging can't say I've ever heard of that issue with swars but I spose there's different conditions over there we have a lot of dry air.

I had a great run with mine but never dialed it. It did fog however. A good hunting mate ran everything swaro, he had 3-4 scopes, binos and range finders. Everything but the binos fogged. He is all night force and geovids now
    I just got shown a new scope out of Japan that had excellent glass believe it or not, tons of features, zero stop and illuminated for around $1500. I was very impressed with it for a first impression tbf. Iw ill try and remember the name.

HB.
    Just purchased the Schmidt and Bender, thought id do baldbob a favour!

Quote Originally Posted by HB. View Post
    Just purchased the Schmidt and Bender, thought id do baldbob a favour!
    Good score
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

R93

In the market for new scope...opinions please.

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    Good score
    +1 well done. BB will be grumpy but have saved some coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Shut up and Shoot
    Brad at Hamills Wellington just traded a Schmidt and Bender PM2 3-12, I am sure he is open to offers.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Yes im grumpy right now..... I think id have pushed the buynow buy this evening....... Thanks HB

Quote Originally Posted by Herbmiester View Post
    Brad at Hamills Wellington just traded a Schmidt and Bender PM2 3-12, I am sure he is open to offers.
    Crap.

Dont suppose you know if its mildot or p4 based reticle?

Chris