Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Toby

Thread: Mossberg 100 ATR .308

Mossberg 100 ATR .308

Been looking for a cheap bush gun and noticed Gun City(sorry I know that is a swear word to some on here) are knocking them out at $400 at the mo. I know they are bottom end and not many peoples cup of tea, but has anyone used one. Ideally if I could afford it would go for a marlin 30/30 but have not got $900 for new or $600 plus for 2nd hand.
    Would appreciate any thoughts.

There's one on here somewhere with a shortened barrel, that'll make you a nice bush pig
    Nibblet likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ejected

I have had a couple of ATR100's in .308 but to be honest you could do better like a ruger american (there is one for sale on here if antsman has not sold it yet), Marlin X7 (now these ones are a really good rifle for the money I have owned one and would not hesitate in getting another) whatever you do don't skimp on your rifle and I would not recommend an ATR100 to anyone both ATR's I had the ammo kept jamming in the mag.

Here is the thread for the ruger american
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...n-308-a-12223/
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Toby, Nibblet, saw that, but at $500 thought it was an ambitious asking price, especially as you can buy new for $399. With the barrel shortened to 16 from 22" what effect would it have on it?
    Hunter308 saw the Ruger Antsman is selling could be a possibility if still available.
    What I'm really hoping for is a Marlin 30/30 to come up at a sensible price as that's what I REALLY want

I've never seen a 30/30 come up at a sensible price anywhere! They've always been a rip off, hence I don't own one

Quote Originally Posted by muzz333 View Post
    Toby, Nibblet, saw that, but at $500 thought it was an ambitious asking price, especially as you can buy new for $399. With the barrel shortened to 16 from 22" what effect would it have on it?
    Hunter308 saw the Ruger Antsman is selling could be a possibility if still available.
    What I'm really hoping for is a Marlin 30/30 to come up at a sensible price as that's what I REALLY want
    You could be waiting for a fair while as not many people are relinquishing original marlin 30-30's and from what I have heard about the remington made marlin lever actions I would not even bother buying one. would be better off getting a good bolt action in 308 or whatever other caliber you want if you need it sooner but what ever you do, do not cave into buying a mossberg rifle just because it is under $500. Also remember GC has more than likely got them at a clearance price to make room for a more updated version of the ATR100 as the original price tags on these are around the $600-$800 mark.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    I've got one in 243, shortened barrel, DPT can. Shoots 4 shot groups into 1/2" with my handloads.

My 308 ruger American is still available