Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NewbieZAR
  • 2 Post By MB
  • 1 Post By mikee

Thread: Mounting a Harris bipod to KRG Bravo

Mounting a Harris bipod to KRG Bravo

A newbie question from someone planning purchases - what is the best way to mount a Harris bipod to a KRG Bravo chassis? Is it as simple as attaching it to the sling swivel mount? I read some confusing stuff online about using optional spigot attachments and Harris bipod direct mounts. I'm unsure if they're needed or just more desirable for some reason.

If it matters, I'm considering a Harris 9-13 inch pivoting and swiveling bipod for shooting paper and rabbits from a portable bench. I'm not sure yet whether I want the bipod to easily detach, but I will be going mobile and walking around a farm with the rifle on occasion. Probably not an issue if the bipod is light enough.

Walking my rifle
    it fits fine on the sling swivel stud like a normal stock, or you can get a pic rail adapter and use the pic rail that comes spare in the box.
    Rush likes this.
    If you can't kill it with bullets, dont f*ck with it.

Thanks. Everything is being purchased from out of town, so good to know before I travel.

MB
    Quick detach is only worthwhile if you think the bipod is coming on/off a lot during a hunting trip, otherwise the standard sling swivel attachment is fine. It's a bit fiddly, but takes about a minute. If you do want quick detach, ACCU Long Range make some nice products.
    mikee and Rush like this.

bolts straight on, you can mount it further forward on their spigot mount but is not necessary
    Rush likes this.

That's awesome, cheers. I'll stick with the standard sling swivel stud to begin with and decide if I want to change the position later.

I've gone harris + Bravo combo too! couple options with the factory stud on the foreend or go to a spigot mount. I found the factory stud positions the rifle too high off the ground for my liking and ended up with the minimalist spigot attachment. bit of usless info is that the krg bravo fits a factory trg bipod too if you remove the two front allen screws