Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacobite

Thread: Mounting Keymod Quick Detach Sling Mounts directly to a wooden stock?

Mounting Keymod Quick Detach Sling Mounts directly to a wooden stock?

Just wondering if anybody has done this?

Bit of a background, back when I had an AR I have a Magpul MS3 Sling with Quick Detach Buttons and loved it. I've had to sell the AR but have kept the sling and really want to use it on the 3 guns I have left (10/22, Parker Hale Safari and NHM90). I know a lot of people don't like it but I like slings mounted on the left hand side of the stock so when I'm carrying it in the field across my body it hangs naturally in my hands and doesn't twist.

Problem being none of them have Keymod or Picatinny rails on them and while I could put some small bits of Picatinny on them to mount the QD cups that seems a bit daft since all I want to do is put some QD cups on them, I know Uncle Mike makes cups that you counter sink into the wood but while that will work on the butts it won' work up on the foreends due to the thinness of the wood.

So basically my question is if I get some keymod style QD cups will they work if I screw them (tastefully, not with bloody wood screws!) directly to the stock or does the keymod system rely on a bit of a hole (thats in the rail) beneath the mount to set the QD stud propery?
    Ernie likes this.