Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

mounting your rail with 3 screws instad of 4

I have a hunt quickly approaching and went to sight my rifle but it started playing up and doing unsafe things ie going off on closing the action needs to be looked at buy a smith and I just don't have the time to do that before the hunt

anyway my mate has been very kind to lend be his 7mm-08 (supressed) for my trip (cheers mate)
    his scope and rings are way to low for me so I took them off and replaced with the rail rings and scope off mine

the only thing is I had to only use 3 screws 2 back and one front as the very front was to long and stopping the bolt from closing im pretty sure 3 will be good enough on a 7mm-08 (suppressed so very low recoil) but just thought id check here 1st just in case

I would say you will be good as. Especially if the mounting feels solid now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    I have a hunt quickly approaching and went to sight my rifle but it started playing up and doing unsafe things ie going off on closing the action needs to be looked at buy a smith and I just don't have the time to do that before the hunt

anyway my mate has been very kind to lend be his 7mm-08 (supressed) for my trip (cheers mate)
    his scope and rings are way to low for me so I took them off and replaced with the rail rings and scope off mine

the only thing is I had to only use 3 screws 2 back and one front as the very front was to long and stopping the bolt from closing im pretty sure 3 will be good enough on a 7mm-08 (suppressed so very low recoil) but just thought id check here 1st just in case
    Silly question but did you check the screw lengths before you put them in ?

Sometimes they are different lengths front to back depending on rail manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Silly question but did you check the screw lengths before you put them in ?

Sometimes they are different lengths front to back depending on rail manufacturer
    yeah mate mine are but mine is an older tikka t3 and has a different thread to his newer one so borrowed the screws off his tally's which are all the same length