Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: MTNGear bipod

MTNGear bipod

For those interested.
    I recently took the plunge and purchased a MTNGear mountain bipod and I have to say it is early days but so far I am very impressed!
    Wanting to carry my rifle with a sling a lot of the time I also purchased a pic rail with sling attachment from them which unlike a lot of bipods I looked at meant I could use the bipod and sling at the same time or individually without affecting the operation of each other.
    The bipod itself it’s ridiculously light and very well made, the quick clip for attaching the bipod to the pic rail is very quick and solid but also very low profile. I have never use this style of leg extension before but the rubberized grips are large and smooth and make for a very nice feel and are very quick to adjust.
    This bipod has more leg angles and adjustments than you could throw as stick at and most of which I may never use, but not being one to miss out I didn’t want to limit myself to not having the options if I needed them, all of which are a simple button press away from adjustment.
    The foot design seems like great aggressive concept for almost all applications, the only fault I can see there would be if someone wanted to shoot off the bonnet of a vehicle or that sort of surface (I am yet to ever do or test this) but not being rubberized could be a problem for a select few I guess.
    In hand the swivel and pan seemed super stiff but once it was mounted on the rifle was very smooth and easy to look around anywhere.
    Like I said it is early days and keen to get it out chasing some deer but early impression When rechecking my zero were very good and happy with the purchase.
    Also Matt’s customer service was next to none when I decided I wanted to change my order nothing was an issue.

Just thought I’d put this out there incase anyone was thinking of looking into these bipods.

Name:  EC88C800-8EFF-4C49-8A1E-C49597C7855C.jpeg
Views: 1279
Size:  777.8 KB
    veitnamcam, 199p, Woody and 4 others like this.

Can we get a few pictures of the bipod and mount mate not the ass end of the rifle haha I’m pulling my hair out trying to select which bipod to get at the moment and this has thrown in another contender it was between backlanz and spartan before a hell of a lot of back and forth so far I’m looking for the good the bad the ugly many thanks
    Love_ducks likes this.

Yea mate will get some up tomorrow for you. I was doing the same before I stumbled across these.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Can we get a few pictures of the bipod and mount mate not the ass end of the rifle haha I’m pulling my hair out trying to select which bipod to get at the moment and this has thrown in another contender it was between backlanz and spartan before a hell of a lot of back and forth so far I’m looking for the good the bad the ugly many thanks
    Have you looked on his website? Or his Social has a video. Matt is a top bloke and very clever. Met him one day while on the hill and been chatting since.
    hotsoup likes this.

Duh look at their website dummy they look awesome does the can’t lock with a leaver like the Harris or is it firm enough it doesn’t roll around side to side are the feet nice spiked or flat etc etc cheers mate

Iv always ran a cheapie and they do the job just fine for me but I never carry my rifle with the bipod on so all these quick detach and attach light weight jobbies have being getting me excited it’s so blimen hard to no what each one does via the Internet and being the price range their in home work is a must so really appreciate everybody giving their 5cents with reviews etc

I brought one recently also and great piece of kit. Wasnt aware of the rail with sling attachment so must be a new thing. I swap between rifles and works fine on pic rail. The feet are great, I got some door stops for ute work as not the best on the bonnet (only criticism but easy $4 fix). Cant is nice and firm, no issues there and bloody light. Went from spartan to this.
    hotsoup likes this.

How are the locking pins with that exposed spring? That’s the only part I scratch my head at looks cheap and nasty I trust it’s a lot better in person

Such a shame every post of his seems to be slinging shit at backlanz. All indirectly of course but anyone with half a brain can see it.
    Nick.m, stagstalker, DBD and 1 others like this.

I did however buy other stuff off them and the customer service/pricing/quality is good

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    Such a shame every post of his seems to be slinging shit at backlanz. All indirectly of course but anyone with half a brain can see it.
    Tbh I don't see it. If anything I thought Backlanz always seem pretty defensive over anything he posts. If anyone had met him in person you would fins he's justa typical engineer/problems solver type an explaisn his logic to decisions. It's not a dig at anyone and if they take it as one maybe they should be looking why the assume it that way.
    dannyb likes this.

A few close ups as promised.
    Name:  BB6D92CF-56C7-4906-9C93-DCD8CC8A9D27.jpeg
Views: 1303
Size:  2.88 MB
    Name:  E9A3270F-C17B-4F5D-B758-FE1A6962E3D2.jpeg
Views: 1374
Size:  3.68 MB
    Name:  5E645BC5-B400-44C4-9B27-0CB4CC6C0199.jpeg
Views: 1317
Size:  3.21 MB
    Name:  0E72BCAA-06C3-443B-A6CC-11C14D54CB4D.jpeg
Views: 1267
Size:  3.98 MB
    veitnamcam, Woody, LBD and 2 others like this.

I believe the locking pins are all titanium so actually pretty tough

I know him outside of the forum and hunting. He is a straight up guy and good to deal with.
    shift14, Woody, hotsoup and 1 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I have the backlands if you want to come cheek it out sometime im in palmy
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"