Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: My Terminator Products 6.5SAUM extracts properly..................Finally

My Terminator Products 6.5SAUM extracts properly..................Finally

All I had to do was pay someone else who actually know what they were doing, to repair the rifle.

So after many years of patience and failed attempts by them to repair the new custom rifle they supplied at a not insiginficant sum, I had to pay (again) a proper gunsmith to do the job properly.

This after they were given multiple chances to repair their repair attempts.
    Supplier believes I have either caused the issue or it is related using a shitty Remington Action (he supplied) or related to my reloading, my cleaning practices, my dirty brass, or the weather, or the fact that its Tuesday………………...
    Never mind all my other rifles working 100%
    The reason for the post is I cannot accept that I should not just have to write off the purchase cost, and the rifle when it should have been sorted by the supplier.
    I am wrong?? Would you accept it if you were in my position?
    Their "Quality" work

The fix was a new Bolt as the orignal repair attempts and then the re-repairs had meant the original was past recovery / reuse
    The fix - See the difference

Wtf is with the back of that bolt? Looks like its been smashed with a sledgehammer?
    Moa Hunter and csmiffy like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Hectic hope you enjoy it now my 6.5saum was a dream awsome cartridge loved the 156 eol mines with the new owner as of last week he should be getting the rest of the bits and bops anytime now for him to enjoy

I would expect the supplier or gunsmith to stand by their work and make it right, especially if they’d supplied the parts.
    Pengy and stevodog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Should have been able to tig it up and reweld it, done it before with worse damage from corrosion...

But then you do need to be a tradesman level engineer/fitter/welder.
    Funnilly enough I though that a gunsmith would be all of those things + a machinist.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I would expect the supplier or gunsmith to stand by their work and make it right, especially if they’d supplied the parts.
    Yes well you would think so, I as a tradesmen stand behind all mine. I can accept shit does happen but its the putting right that counts.
    in this case I had to put it right myself and at my cost!
    Moa Hunter likes this.

northdude
    geez were the so called gunsmiths only tools a stick and a rock

I feel sorry for your pain and anger on a dream build. What bolt did you use replace the f##ked bolt? PTG one piece?

@mikee I've never had any dealings with the supplier in question, nor am I even remotely experienced with working with metals in this kind of capacity, so I won't comment at all regarding the work...

But, as a consumer there are options you can take to resolve the issue if you're not happy with the outcome. The Disputes Tribunal would be a good option. I had a positive outcome about 10yrs ago as a result of laying a claim with them. Doesn't cost much ($45 for a claim under 2k, $90 for one between 2-5k, and $180 for claims up to $30k). I even had a mate pay the $45 fee to lay a claim on an $8 item, purely out of principle.

Sorry to hear about your woes, I understand the frustration of laying down big money for a product which fails to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by tikka View Post
    I feel sorry for your pain and anger on a dream build. What bolt did you use replace the f##ked bolt? PTG one piece?
    Has a PTG one Piece now. Yes its been a long time and the frustration has built up. It does not help when you feel like the supplier won't take you seriously and thinks the issue was not his problem to solve.
    I kind of disagree (even thought this has gone on for a long time) he supplied all the bits, built the rifle and up till March only him or "his guys"ever saw or worked on it.
    I'm not in anyway a metal worker so have no idea..............although I know know a lot about both Remington Factory issues and Primary extraction and not by choice
    So far it was about $4500 for the rifle + another $1K approx to fix it with another smith including the raping by the courier company not too mention the extra (omg factory) rifle I brought to have something reliable to use.
    Ti be 100% fair TP has never charged me for any of the repair attempts, which was odd given they believe it was apparently my fault?? They just took months.....................to do a tig job like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Z View Post
    @mikee I've never had any dealings with the supplier in question, nor am I even remotely experienced with working with metals in this kind of capacity, so I won't comment at all regarding the work...

But, as a consumer there are options you can take to resolve the issue if you're not happy with the outcome. The Disputes Tribunal would be a good option. I had a positive outcome about 10yrs ago as a result of laying a claim with them. Doesn't cost much ($45 for a claim under 2k, $90 for one between 2-5k, and $180 for claims up to $30k). I even had a mate pay the $45 fee to lay a claim on an $8 item, purely out of principle.

Sorry to hear about your woes, I understand the frustration of laying down big money for a product which fails to deliver.
    I will consider that.........surely it would have been easier to solve this before it got to this point.

Mikee I have a pen that would have sorted that mess! .............too soon?

Name:  GST pen.JPG
Views: 786
Size:  87.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Mikee I have a pen that would have sorted that mess! .............too soon?

Attachment 144474
    Ba ha ha ha..........you made me laugh is that the famous "GST pen". I am still trying to understand whythe whole thing is my fault??
    Gibo and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    All I had to do was pay someone else who actually know what they were doing, to repair the rifle.

So after many years of patience and failed attempts by them to repair the new custom rifle they supplied at a not insiginficant sum, I had to pay (again) a proper gunsmith to do the job properly.

This after they were given multiple chances to repair their repair attempts.
    Supplier believes I have either caused the issue or it is related using a shitty Remington Action (he supplied) or related to my reloading, my cleaning practices, my dirty brass, or the weather, or the fact that its Tuesday………………...
    Never mind all my other rifles working 100%
    The reason for the post is I cannot accept that I should not just have to write off the purchase cost, and the rifle when it should have been sorted by the supplier.
    I am wrong?? Would you accept it if you were in my position?
    Their "Quality" work

The fix was a new Bolt as the orignal repair attempts and then the re-repairs had meant the original was past recovery / reuse
    The fix - See the difference
    Good to hear it is finally sorted @mikee even if there has been some pain along the way.
    Mathias likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Banned
    What caused that damage ? The steel that Rem bolt bodies are made from is very hard / tough. Surly the firing pin moving from the detent couldn't do that. I dont see how thinning the bolt arm as had been done is going to improve the primary extraction, just doesn't make sense. Was the bolt thinned and then welded back up again with a soft weld as a repair when it was realised it wouldnt fix the extraction problem ?