Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

New AR15 Daniel Defense vrs Rainier Arms

Hi All,
    I've been looking around this site for a couple of hours to sort out a new AR15 with a budget of $3000ish.
    Final specs yet to be settled on just want some opinions on which brand at this stage. Ive short listed Daniel Defense and maybe Rainier Arms as good stuff I wont regret buying a few years from now. Any thoughts between the two?

Cheers.

Both are quality. I would go with whichever is - lighter, has the best handguard and trigger.

I was just enlightened, sounds like you have it sorted. it would be good to hear feedback on what you bring home

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nzcwk2005; 21-06-2015 at 08:55 PM.

As the owner of the above nea I love it, I have however had a play with two of the rainier arms ars at SAI a while back and was incredibly Impressed with the quality and the huge list of qaultiy gear they include as standard. If I had the money at the time I would have bought one.

Haven't shot either but will say that DD looks like it is Military grade + which is good if you were going into combat, probably ultra reliable. It has a 1/7 twist barrel and 5.56 chamber.

Probably for hunting, 3 gun, targets etc hard to go past the Rainier Ultramatch with a Shilen barrel. It's 1/8 twist barrel will shoot lighter bullets better than the 1/7 barrels. It also has the tighter .223 wylde chamber. Yes I had a look at the one in SAI, very nice.

My NEA had the 18" barrel with 1/7 twist. It hated 55 grain pills but could shoot 15mm groups with 77 grain Sierra Match Kings. Heavy .22 cal pills are more expensive so next time I will be getting something with a 1/8 twist barrel and probably 20 inches long.

I've got a Rainier Arms RUC, I have no regrets about buying it.

While DD makes a great rifle, I think that Rainier puts a much better package together.

Most people change the trigger, handguard, BUIS when they buy an AR. The only thing you need to do with a Rainier rifle is put an optic on it (some ammo would help too).

The RUC is lightweight, reliable and accurate. Only complaint I've had, which wasn't from me, has been about the muzzle brake, it can annoy your fellow shooters.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk