Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

NEW LEICA CRF 1600-B range finder

Has anyone tried one of these yet, I see them in Hunting & Fishing. Great to hear any feed back.

Baz
    Had one for about a month, From the box, well packaged. full instructions. quality optics, good carry case with belt loop and clip/buckle close on case so it wont fall out. very compact unit

At a first glance the ballistic tables loaded don't suit my 7mm mag with a 300yrd zero. I will need to investigate further. I mainly want an accurate repeatable ranging unit for 1000 yrds.

Have ranged 1400yrd on trees/hills etc with no problems. Im pretty happy with it as an upgrade to the Leupold RX1000 I had. I would suggest a tri-pod for accurate extreme ranges. the unit will have no problems then

Paid $1300 through my gun shop. Plenty of reviews poping up around the web, One good video around to, explaining the ballistic tables that are pre loaded. Sportsman's News Product Review: Leica 1600B Rangefinder - YouTube

What is the range on game animals with most you can cut the range in half

Thanks Baz - have been trying to get a BR2 from the US but its been a bit of a mission. So looking at something similar that has incline and barro pressure readings, the Leica is close just wish we could put in our own BCs and Velocity. I like to zero my rifles at either 100 or 200 then adjust up, how close are the Leica tables if you were to have a 100 or 200 zero.

Have been using a Burris Eliminator on my .223 for goat shooting find it great, have ordered one of the new Eliminator 111s due soon.

I havea CRF1600 (not the "B" model) and am really happy with it. Of course i don't use the ballistic function in it though, just he range, inclination and occasionally the pressure and temperature.

Gillie how do you find the CRF1600 in not so good conditions foggy high moisture or light rain.
    I have a Leica Geovid that will range out to 1400yd if conditions ok but have found in foggy light rain or even a very bright day can drop right back to 600yd sometimes even less.
    Last edited by 300MAG; 06-09-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MAG View Post
    Gillie how do you find the CRF1600 in not so good conditions foggy high moisture or light rain.
    I have a Leica Geovid that will range out to 1400yd if conditions ok but have found if foggy light rain or even a very bright day can drop right back to 600yd sometimes even less.
    Mine will still get 1000+ Metres in most conditions...

I was down the tipheads the other day and struggling to get much over about 930m in fair blustery rainy conditions...

1400m in normal conditions and 1700+ during the magic hour

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Mine will still get 1000+ Metres in most conditions...

I was down the tipheads the other day and struggling to get much over about 930m in fair blustery rainy conditions...

1400m in normal conditions and 1700+ during the magic hour
    Yep, that has been pretty much my experience as well. As i said i quite like the CRF1600. I think mine topped out at 1799m basically handheld in "the magic hour" i expect that is a program limitation not a laser limitation.