Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New offering from remington

New offering from remington

Remington has released a new model of rifle the 783 makes me wonder why they wont just re release the 788

Natural Selection: Remington Model 783 Review - RifleShooter

New Bargain Rifle: Remington Model 783 | Outdoor Life

Edit: oops sorry guys did not realise this subject has been posted on here before until I found the threads in google
    Last edited by hunter308; 26-03-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Yup its a shitter. It seems american gun makers are having a fight over who can make the crappest budget rifle. Little did remington know they had already won with the 770.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    kokako, Dan and steven like this.

Thats one fugly pice of S--T
    steven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Another Savage copy.
    Savage make some nice rifles, they should have tried copying those instead of the Axis.
    Last edited by GravelBen; 26-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Yeah, quit when your really really behind. It would be bad enough if these companies just put out junk under their own name, but the new business model seems to be, buy a respectable company, slash quality control, use super budget materials and cash in large on the increased profit, use that to buy more respected companies. Remington and Beretta are flat out doing it.

Remington gutted Marlin. My marlins are lovely guns, $1200 to $1000 rifles but the build quality is really high, nice smooth clean actions. Read the reviews online of the new Remington Marlins. Remington ripped out all the gear and sacked all the people who know how to make them. I believe they had to shut down because the guns would not even function.

I wonder if this slash and burn approach to gun manufacturers will lead to the birth of some new companies? I saw gun companies tipped as a good investment in regular business news not that long ago. I wonder if there is enough investment interest to birth a few new manufacturers.
    It's a large investment group that owns Remington/Marlin and is fucking their QC and reputation, 'Remington' didn't buy Marlin and ruin them

MAny moons ago remington had it right when the 788 was the budget rifle in their line up then the 700 was and still is the premium rifle. PRoblem was remington shot themselves in the foot with the 788 because it ended up outshooting the 700 which was an embarrassment to remington they withdrew that model then proceeded with the 710 then the 770 for budget rifles. TBH I would never own a Center fire remington unless it is a 788.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

And I'm just so hell of mad that I can't buy a new factory Marlin Guide Gun without having to worry about it being a $1100 piece of shit. Also unhappy that the Remington 673 doesn't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    And I'm just so hell of mad that I can't buy a new factory Marlin Guide Gun without having to worry about it being a $1100 piece of shit. Also unhappy that the Remington 673 doesn't exist anymore.
    Eplain 673?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Recent remingtons. 770, cti. Not a lot more to say.

Even the build quality on late model 700s is seriously rough.
    Your not wrong there tussock. Not sure why anyone would want to buy a Lemington.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

The actions may feel rough, but they still seem to shoot well.

I've got no dog in this fight , but I know of 3 Remingtons locally that had to go back because of problems . Was talking to the local gunshop owner and he made an interesting comment .He said 10 years ago if he had to ring up the Remington importer about a problem with one of their rifles , he had to argue with them because they didn't believe that there could be a problem with their product . Now when he rings they don't seem surprised at all .
    Personally I've got nothing against Remington , but I don't, and have never ,owned one .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA