Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New optics

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    16

    New optics

    Hey guys Iím trying to bring a new scope from optics planet in the states.
    Does anywhere know of ways to get it here???. They keep saying itís prohibited to leave the county.

    Your help would be much appreciated 😎

  2. #2
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Forget importing ANY firearm attachments from the States unless u traveling there.

  3. #3
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Forget importing ANY firearm attachments from the States unless u traveling there.
    Why?

    There's heaps of places that do it.
    If you're willing to spend the money you can get lots of things.
    mikee, BRADS, shift14 and 1 others like this.

  4. #4
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Why?

    There's heaps of places that do it.
    If you're willing to spend the money you can get lots of things.
    From USA ?
    Tell me one that does.
    I have managed to get Rings etc - but a scope - never.

  5. #5
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    From USA ?
    Tell me one that does.
    I have managed to get Rings etc - but a scope - never.
    Rookie.

    Theriflescopestore
    Natchez I'm pretty sure does scopes.
    Depending on the scope optics planet and others will but they're a little more delicate with regards to not even taking risks with restricted/ITAR items of the same brand.

    You can have them shipped to international brokers but will then pay through the nose.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Done the Broker thing too.
    Ended in disarster.
    Freight Fowarders - tried -but they more pedantic than retailers.
    So I still be interested in hearn anyone that has had luck.
    I sure have not ��

  7. #7
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Rookie.
    Rookie ????
    Whats this ??
    Theriflescopestore
    Natchez I'm pretty sure does scopes.
    Depending on the scope optics planet and others will but they're a little more delicate with regards to not even taking risks with restricted/ITAR items of the same brand.

    You can have them shipped to international brokers but will then pay through the nose.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    7

  8. #8
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Done the Broker thing too.
    Ended in disarster.
    Freight Fowarders - tried -but they more pedantic than retailers.
    So I still be interested in hearn anyone that has had luck.
    I sure have not ��
    Www.Theriflescopestore.com have always been real good to me. good international shipping rates generally too.
    Mate has recently ordered a few vx6hd from here

    Freight forwarders are usually a pain in the ass and not worth the hassle I agree.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Rolleston
    Posts
    444
    Optics zone have been good to deal with. No hassles there.

  10. #10
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by 7x64 View Post
    Optics zone have been good to deal with. No hassles there.
    Yes - did a dummy (no pun intended) run on this site on a Magnus Scope
    Got as far as paying via either Paypal or CC and the shipping to NZ was set and appeared it would have all gone ahead if I paid

    Strange - because others that I tried (mind you was 12-15 months ago) stated "will not export outside USA or Canada (I think Canada was an exception)

    Mind you the Magnus Scope would have cost over 5K time US$ converted and customs and GST paid on entry - not a cheap option

  11. #11
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Yes - did a dummy (no pun intended) run on this site on a Magnus Scope
    Got as far as paying via either Paypal or CC and the shipping to NZ was set and appeared it would have all gone ahead if I paid

    Strange - because others that I tried (mind you was 12-15 months ago) stated "will not export outside USA or Canada (I think Canada was an exception)

    Mind you the Magnus Scope would have cost over 5K time US$ converted and customs and GST paid on entry - not a cheap option
    Yeah sometimes depending on what it is the savings aren't huge and personally not worth it just to save a few quid and run a kiwi company under.
    BUT sometimes if you dig deep enough into the google machine there are some real good savings to be had from sites putting on specials.
    SWFA is one, and apparently they now ship direct to NZ.

    I think this is where people get a bit frustrated with buying locally. As sometimes it seems that kiwi companies are trying to make their millions off of a single sale, whether that be true or not is only sometimes the case.

  12. #12
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,550
    NZ dollar is shit for buying from US at the moment, VX5 HD 3-15 is currently US$1306 on theriflescopestore.com which is $1899 here. They're cheaper locally.

  13. #13
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    NZ dollar is shit for buying from US at the moment, VX5 HD 3-15 is currently US$1306 on theriflescopestore.com which is $1899 here. They're cheaper locally.
    Yeah shit dollar and they're not often the cheapest place.
    I think my vx6hd 3-18x44 tmoa illuminated landed was $1900nzd

  14. #14
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Yeah shit dollar and they're not often the cheapest place.
    I think my vx6hd 3-18x44 tmoa illuminated landed was $1900nzd
    Sucks because Mrs is going home to Uruguay in February and we have been wanting to buy a house over there so everytime we go we try take US$10k cash to squirrel away and save bank transfer fees etc but there's no way I'm changing nzd for usd at the moment unless there's a major change soon

  15. #15
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    NZ dollar is shit for buying from US at the moment, VX5 HD 3-15 is currently US$1306 on theriflescopestore.com which is $1899 here. They're cheaper locally.
    Yes - only while stocks last - then as I been saying - watch out when new stock comes in at devalued NZ$ rates

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. IOR OPTICS
    By von tempsky fan in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 11:57 PM
  2. Owl Optics, anyone use them?
    By stug in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-07-2017, 10:43 PM
  3. FS: Optics
    By Sasquatch in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-01-2017, 09:57 AM
  4. AR15 Optics?
    By dirtyhabit in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-07-2014, 05:58 PM
  5. optics
    By jhunt in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 12:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!