Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New scope for my MK 5

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

New scope for my MK 5

Right same old shit, what scope

I've finally (after many months ) decided to buy a Weatherby Mk 5 ultra light in 308 & need to put some nice glass on it, this is guna be my "go to gun"

I have a Leupy 4.4-14 VX-L B&C that I might put on it, but 4.5 is a little tight for in the scrub & the VX-L has an enormous bell on the end

Options please, something thats not to heavy

Leupy VX3 2.5-8 x32 B&C
    NF 2.5-10 x 32 ( a little heavy though )
    Saw Z6
    Weaver Grandslam
    March
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I'm yet to get out with my new Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x, but it seems pretty nice. Ordered off the net for around NZ$550, a lot cheaper than I've seen VX-3s for (or local Weavers for that matter.)

Following the weatherby + 308 theme I thought maybe a chinese one from gun city?

For a lightweigt scope with very good glass for general hunting Id look at the Z3 3-10 or if you want to dial abit 4-12 BT. or the z5 3.5-18 (yes Adam the turrets are soft) The NZ retail on the Z3 and Z5 is very good at the mo.
    If your going to dial a lot the nightforce on your list would be worth a look. Or for a lighter option you could do a VX3 3.5-10. cds.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

I would go z5 with upgraded turrets thats what i have gone with for my light weight carry rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    I would go z5 with upgraded turrets thats what i have gone with for my light weight carry rifle.
    up graded turret or just a custom dial? tell me more ?

Do any of the gunshops carry Vortex scopes? Nice glass and very good quality.

Cheers Rob

R93
    Yes please tell us more.

Ive got the same rifle in 25-06 and got a Kahles 4-12x52 plex with ballistic turret thing - good combo so i would vote the Swav
    kokako likes this.

Dollar wise the NF would be your best bet,those things are bulletproof and have heard only good things about them. A freind of a freind has that exact model on his AR-10 as his go to gun, works a dream and no deer is safe unless their 600+ away apparantly! the vx3 would be my next choice, nice and light and the B&C reticle works a dream.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Name:  DSC06296.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  17.1 KB

The upgraded turrets where in the nz hunter, insted of there normal 3 rings it relplaces the top 2 rings and into Moa. Making it much more user frendly and dialable.
    i did find a complete replacment turret it was somewhere in the states but i have lost the page
    You had to ship your scope over to them and they would install and ship you scope back.
    they looked more like the Mark 4 turrets with better clicks.

I will have another hunt around tonight and see if i can find them agian.

Thanks mate, i think its outdoorsman that did the replacement caps in moa or a custom drop. Swarovski are doing there own now for under $100.00 IIRC.Its the mechanical part I was interested in,a Z5 with an improved turret would be bloody good.

I havnt even mounted mine yet so havnt had a chance to try the turrets. Can you just order them through the nz importer?

Quote Originally Posted by muzr257 View Post
    Ive got the same rifle in 25-06 and got a Kahles 4-12x52 plex with ballistic turret thing - good combo so i would vote the Swav
    The Kahles CL 4-12x52mz (Multi Zero) is a good choice. I have one on my 85, 308 of course!

I havnt even mounted mine yet so havnt had a chance to try the turrets. Can you just order them through the nz importer?
    Yup. I was told they where going to carry some MOA caps but its an untried theroy at this stage.