Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Konev
  • 1 Post By timattalon
  • 2 Post By ZG47
  • 2 Post By Tahr

Thread: New Zealand Kalashnikov Dealer

New Zealand Kalashnikov Dealer

Hay all,

I was just looking at the top banner advertising as I see some bloke up north has started selling Saigas in NZ,

I see for the Basic AK civilian models he has really reasonable prices, I suppose given the current state of the Russian Ruble that is to be expected though.

My real question is, why is there such a huge discrepancy between the cost of those and that of the 12ga and the Tiger(Dragunov) models?

There is also a bolt action there that's priced like a Gun city Tikka which I can imagine won't sell like hot cakes.

Can anyone here shed some light on why they are priced so?

Having spent quite a bit of time living in Russia I would have really liked to pick up a Dragunov but at $2800nzd it's not going to happen any time soon.

Ask these questions directly on the commercial advertiser - Kalashnikov Products section.
    Many have been answered before.
    Welcome to Sako club.

A Kalashnikov will last a lot longer than a tikka.
    mikee and ZG47 like this.

They make Tikka look like the rifles they really are. The Los is a far better grade of rifle. We used to sell them and they are so good that when one cam up for sale a former gunsmith that worked with us bought one for himself. Open sights as well as scopes, steel magazines, not plastic, and a wooden stock, adjustable trigger and built enough it will outlast most shooters.

They also mad 22LRs that were around the $1200 mark. target grade. Some even had Anshutz 22LR barrels as an option.
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    A Kalashnikov will last a lot longer than a tikka.
    and not everyone will have a Kalashnikov
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Jim, or his sidekick, is not a bad rooster and will be more than happy to answer your question. Former Sar Major NZIR and very passionate about his rifles. Send him a email or give them a call.
    They monitor Facebook so you could message them on there too. https://www.facebook.com/Republic-Ar...02751/?fref=ts

I had a play with the LOS 7 in 7.62 and it was a very nice rifle indeed. quite light considering timber stock. They have started selling scopes called Savannah which he told me are made in the same shop as BSA Bushnell. I haven't had a look at one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    They make Tikka look like the rifles they really are. The Los is a far better grade of rifle. We used to sell them and they are so good that when one cam up for sale a former gunsmith that worked with us bought one for himself. Open sights as well as scopes, steel magazines, not plastic, and a wooden stock, adjustable trigger and built enough it will outlast most shooters.

They also mad 22LRs that were around the $1200 mark. target grade. Some even had Anshutz 22LR barrels as an option.
    Looked at one in 308 at Wilson's yesterday. Man they are heavy. 8lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Looked at one in 308 at Wilson's yesterday. Man they are heavy. 8lbs?
    Mate, if your scope weighs more than 12oz, you bought it for more than just hunting! Also, it looks like a well balanced rifle, i.e. not top or front-heavy like most synthetic stocked rifles (and some wooden stocked rifles) I have handled.

Those rifles get more unbalanced and truly ridiculous for snapshots (or any shot in the wind) when you add a 16 to 24 oz scope with a large objective. Think sail area and ... yes, these rifles from the Urals intrigue me.
    timattalon and Steve123 like this.
    A good shot at close range beats a 'hit" at a longer range.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG47 View Post
    Mate, if your scope weighs more than 12oz, you bought it for more than just hunting! Also, it looks like a well balanced rifle, i.e. not top or front-heavy like most synthetic stocked rifles (and some wooden stocked rifles) I have handled.

Those rifles get more unbalanced and truly ridiculous for snapshots (or any shot in the wind) when you add a 16 to 24 oz scope with a large objective. Think sail area and ... yes, these rifles from the Urals intrigue me.
    Each to their own. One of my 'scopes weighs 13oz. But I'm not about to apologise.
    gadgetman and ZG47 like this.

Interesting, I'm not exactly in the market for another hunting rifle though but I am surprised to hear they are a high quality rifle. I had assumed they would be hardy and reliable but lacking in finish.

As for the AK models, I would love a 5.45 but there doesn't seem to be much ammo local to me.

It's good to see someone importing these guns, would also be good to see someone doing the pistol grip conversions.

On-target.co.nz has trigger forwarded a couple of the 7.62s
    Contact him and see if he can modify one of the the 5.45 models.
    Welcome to Sako club.